Windows 10: Windows 10 destroyed my pc

Discus and support Windows 10 destroyed my pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't remember how many years I've used wireless keyboards and mice. I don't remember ever having to use a Legacy USB setting with my keyboard or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pettergulbra, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Rocky Win User

Windows 10 destroyed my pc

You are way behind the times Wynona. USB 3.1 has been out for a couple of years now and it is lighting fast.

USB 3.1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rocky, Mar 15, 2016
  2. Wynona Win User

Good grief, how did I miss that one?

BTW, are there any USB 3 or 3.1 keyboards and mice? *Smile

Wynona, Mar 16, 2016
  3. bro67 Win User
    Not yet. The USB 3.x adapters are screwball. You have the normal USB piece and then above it is a smaller version. They did that to use two TX/RX at the same time. That is how they got around the limitations of USB, which is getting very outdated at this point. Intel's Thunderbolt is the next generation of connections, since it will hit up to 40 gbps. The only units that have USB 3 is Mac's. USB-C is supposed to save Thunderbolt, because of course Microsoft is forcing manufacturers to stick with USB, which is not going to get any better after C.

bro67, Mar 16, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Wynona, some of us have been around long enough to remember when the original mouse came out, and that you actually had to write your own boot loaders. USB was created to make a one connection fits all. Because users want faster, you are seeing Apple using USB-C and USB 3.x/Super Speed connections, along with Intel's Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is backwards compatible with USB-C, but is mainly for driving 4k/UHD displays and connecting data devices like Pocket drives. USB 3.x will be backwards compatible, but very few devices are out for that, since the connection is a proprietary connector that adds a smaller plug on top of the normal USB plug. It is so you are actually using two TX/RX communication signals at the same time to get the faster speed.

bro67, Mar 16, 2016
  5. Wynona Win User
    I remember the mouse on the very new Xerox dedicated word processor! I was only the second one to train on it. Mr. Mouse was round and you had to stroke him to get him to move. He was built into the keyboard, something like the "mouse" on laptop keyboards. I don't recall that there was a "clicker" though. You just stroked the mouse until he was in the place where you wanted to type next. Sheesh, that's been a long, long, long time ago!

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 destroyed my pc - Similar Threads - destroyed

2. Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!: Couldn't uninstall copilot update and I couldn't uninstall the app ether click on terminate and it crash my whole computer my tower started to flash and beep if this app virus or burnd my hard drive Microsoft will be replacing my tower!!! Will open a law suit...
  3. Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!: Couldn't uninstall copilot update and I couldn't uninstall the app ether click on terminate and it crash my whole computer my tower started to flash and beep if this app virus or burnd my hard drive Microsoft will be replacing my tower!!! Will open a law suit...
  4. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  5. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  6. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  7. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  8. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How do I remove / destroy / delete "CoPilot"????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove / destroy / delete "CoPilot"????: Hi,I never asked for this.I does not show up as an App I can delete.I see several posts about "disabling" and removing from Taskbar.I do not want to disable or hide it - I want to delete it remove its code from my hard drive.I got rid of Cortana and I want to be rid of...
  10. How do I remove / destroy / delete "CoPilot"????

How do I remove / destroy / delete "CoPilot"????: Hi,I never asked for this.I does not show up as an App I can delete.I see several posts about "disabling" and removing from Taskbar.I do not want to disable or hide it - I want to delete it remove its code from my hard drive.I got rid of Cortana and I want to be rid of...