Windows 10: Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers

Discus and support Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 6 months ago i bought a microphone off amazon . Everything was going perfectly fine until one day my pc just decided to detect my microphone as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ViperVS, Feb 27, 2021.

1. ViperVS Win User

Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers

6 months ago i bought a microphone off amazon . Everything was going perfectly fine until one day my pc just decided to detect my microphone as headphones/speakers . I've tried EVERYTHING . The issue is not the microphone itself . I've tried using another microphone but windows still detects it as headphones . For clarification the microphone is not USB . about a month ago when if opened up sound control panel my microphone would be detected and there would be a green check mark next to it . But now it says "stereo mix" and it records the sound in my pc not my voice . Somebody please help .

:)

ViperVS, Feb 27, 2021
  2. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers

1. Windows 10 Detects Microphone as Headphones/Speakers - Similar Threads - Detects Microphone Headphones

2. Headphones detecting as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detecting as speakers: need help searched the internet for solutions non of them worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-detecting-as-speakers/f6ec7b99-aaf6-4a97-868c-085fd31e8b45
  3. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...
  4. Headphones microphone not detected

Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  5. Headphones microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  6. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...
  7. Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working

Computer jack detecting devices, (Speakers/Headphones + Microphone) but not working: Good day everyone, I'm using a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computer and I recently have gotten into a problem regarding the audio and microphone jacks on my computer. My headphones are being detected by my computer, but my headphones do not seem to have any sound coming out. The...
  8. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10): I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone. I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all. I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the...
  9. Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?: Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows it doesn't even...
  10. Headphones detected as Speakers

Headphones detected as Speakers: Hi, I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack. The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot