Windows 10: Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v

Discus and support Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to install Windows 10 developer environment on virtual machine using Hyper-v quick create tool. As the tool already offers the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by az-dev, Oct 16, 2018.

1. az-dev Win User

Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v

Hi, I am trying to install Windows 10 developer environment on virtual machine using Hyper-v quick create tool. As the tool already offers the Windows 10 developer environment.

My question is the environment only available for a limited period of time? The only relevant link I found is on this link: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines

which says that it's only available until 24th December 2018. Does anyone knows if the hyper-v installation has the same license or is it free on virtual machines?

Thanks

:)

az-dev, Oct 16, 2018
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v - Similar Threads - dev environment Hyper

2. Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?: Hey, how can I get the Windows 10 dev environment to use in Hyper-V? It is gone from the list and replaced by Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-windows-10-dev-environment-is-gone-from/bb73ddb6-02d7-424b-a799-83eda4c762ea
  3. Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?: Hey, how can I get the Windows 10 dev environment to use in Hyper-V? It is gone from the list and replaced by Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-windows-10-dev-environment-is-gone-from/bb73ddb6-02d7-424b-a799-83eda4c762ea
  4. Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment: I'm on windows 11 but the VM is on Windows 10 but Its not working? How to make this work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-windows-10-msix-packaging-environment/48112591-6b22-45f4-aeb6-e43907d7caf9
  6. Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment: I'm on windows 11 but the VM is on Windows 10 but Its not working? How to make this work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-windows-10-msix-packaging-environment/48112591-6b22-45f4-aeb6-e43907d7caf9
  7. Hyper-V Windows 10 MSIX Packaging Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. New Windows 10 Dev Environment with Hyper-V - expiring in 4 days?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Windows 10 Dev Environment with Hyper-V - expiring in 4 days?: Hi,I've just used Hyper-V 'quick create' to download and install a Windows 10 dev environment. Upon logging in, it's saying the trial will expire in 4 days. This can't be normal behaviour? I thought it was at least 30 days, if not 90?Does anyone know why this might be? It's...
  9. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 dev environment

2. windows 10 dev environment hyper v

3. hyper v windows 10 dev environment license duration

4. hyper-v quick create Windows 10 dev environment,
  5. win 10 dev environment,
  6. windows 10 dev environment evaluation license expired,
  7. hyper v windows 10 dev environment,
  8. hyper-v windows 10 dev environment license,
  9. vm windows 10 dev environment,
  10. windows 10 dev environment license,
  11. hyper-v windows 10 dev,