Windows 10: windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out

Discus and support windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to remote debug a uwp application from vs 2017. the target device is a tablet running windows 10 pro v1809 build:17763.379. In developer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Johnathan2121, Mar 27, 2019.

1. windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out

I am trying to remote debug a uwp application from vs 2017. the target device is a tablet running windows 10 pro v1809 build:17763.379. In developer settings I have enabled device discovery, installed version 1803 of the windows 10 sdk or later and the "Pair" button is grayed out. below it is states: Plesae restart to pair with this device. I have I have restarted and even reinstalled windows and it still shows the same thing. is there any way to get this to work?

:)

Johnathan2121, Mar 27, 2019

2. E71 not pairing to my Plantronics Discovery 640

I just purchased the E71 but I've had my Discovery 640 for about a year and it's always worked perfectly with my previous phone so I know it works.

To attempt to pair, I'm following these steps:

1) Confirm bluetooth is turned on in the phone.

2) Switch on my 640 headset

3) While the headset is in scan mode (30 seconds), I go to the phone's 'Paired devices' screen and select Options>New paired device

It scans for devices but never finds the headset. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

knightstac, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct Forum !

I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold).
    Both have been working perfectly.

Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on my laptop,
    I found that I could not pair either of them.

I have spent countless hours researching this without success.

Here's where I am now:

Settings > Bluetooth & other devices does not list either of them.
    Device Manager > Bluetooth has both of them showing and reports both working properly.

Device Manager reports as follows:

Notebook Mouse 5000:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

Wedge Mobile Keyboard:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

The 2 Service Discovery Service entries also report that further installation is required.

Can anyone suggest the way forward, please ?

Regards.

stuartgb100, Mar 27, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out

Developer mode not working?

Hello,

In most cases, the error indicates that extra components required by the operating system to enable additional debugging features in Visual Studio or the Windows Device Portal could not be installed automatically. Here's how to fix this:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click Apps & Features.
    • Choose Manage Optional features.
    • Click Add a feature.
    • Select the package for Windows Developer Mode.
    • Click Install.
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Launch Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • Run: sc config debugregsvc start=auto.
    Return to the For Developers settings page. You will still see the error code, but you should now be able to enable Windows Device Portal and the Device Discovery features.

Note: After seeing this error message, your device is in developer mode and you should still be able to use Visual Studio to develop Universal Windows Applications.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out

1. windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out - Similar Threads - developer mode Device

2. Dell airplain mode is grayed out after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell airplain mode is grayed out after reinstalling windows 10: Hello, I got a refurbished dell laditude e5540 and reinstalled windows cause the hdd died, so i got an ssd and installed windows 10, it all works much faster and well but one big problem, the wifi cant work anymore, im stuck to the wall with an ethernet cable unable to keep a...
  3. airplane mode on and grayed out

airplane mode on and grayed out: airport mode on and grayed out. cannot access wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-on-and-grayed-out/c6606e1d-8b05-4d3d-afd1-edccea90379d
  4. Developer mode windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Developer mode windows 10: I can't change windows developer mode. its always like this whenever I click on other options it doesn't work [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/developer-mode-windows-10/5152830b-424a-458b-b1c5-5c32e94e51a0
  5. No discovery mode

No discovery mode: I am trying to have a workgroup at home with a win 10 pro and a win 10 home edition . On the home ed when i tried to turn on discovery mode it says it requires SDK 1803 or higher . (I don't understand why) So I loaded sdk from MS ver 19xx. It still won't let me toggle the...
  6. Airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airplane mode is grayed out: Just bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it is stuck in Airplane Mode. The problem is that it is grayed out so you can't turn it on or off. Consequently no wifi. Help! Thanks...
  7. VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working

in Windows 10 News
    VirtualBox Seamless Mode is grayed out or not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to switch to Seamless Mode in VirtualBox virtual machine but it is not working, or the Seamless Mode option is grayed out, you can follow this article to get the solution. Users can press Host + [...] This post VirtualBox Seamless Mode is...
  8. Winsock 2 Bluetooth device discovery only shows paired devices

Winsock 2 Bluetooth device discovery only shows paired devices: Hello Folks, So I am trying to use the WINSOCK 2 API for Bluetooth programming. I did a build on the example project on the MICROSOFT website see here, https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/Bluetooth-Connection-e3263296 . So project builds and code works fine. I...
  9. I can't turn on device discovery, it's grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't turn on device discovery, it's grayed out: I want to add a second screen to my computer and wanted to turn on device discovery because windows couldn't find it. I've tried troubleshooters but they don't work. Please help Timothy...
  10. Revert developer mode options that were applied, now grayed out.

in Windows 10 Support
    Revert developer mode options that were applied, now grayed out.: Accidentally pressed applied for certain settings in the "For Developers" section. Options are now grayed out and un-selectable. How do I revert my mistake? 59736

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device discovery greyed out

2. device discovery greyed out windows 10

3. windows 10 device discovery

4. windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out ,
  5. Developer mode is greyed out,
  6. developer mode windows 10 greyed out,
  7. developer mode grayed out windows 10 home,
  8. needing 1803 win 10 sdk gets error code turn on my device discovery,
  9. allow a device to connect on window pro is greyed out 2019,
  10. for developers please restart windows to pair with this device developer mode,
  11. device discovery windows 10 greyed out,
  12. developer mode grayed out,
  13. windows 10 developer mode greyed out,
  14. windows network discovery greyed out,
  15. allow device to connect greyed out