Windows 10: Windows 10 Device and Printers

Discus and support Windows 10 Device and Printers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some of my printers in my list do not push the list down when they expand out to include the manage and Open queue buttons, thereby, I can never select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XTEN Tim House, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Device and Printers

Some of my printers in my list do not push the list down when they expand out to include the manage and Open queue buttons, thereby, I can never select them, it only selects the next printer in the list.

:)

XTEN Tim House, Oct 11, 2019

2. windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Although I appreciate your offer for suggestions as you can see by the post dates, this thread is a bit long in the tooth. The issue was resolved with one of the updated builds of windows 10. Although in my opinion it's still not as fast as Windows 7, it's nowhere near as slow as it was in summer 2016 when I posted this issue.

Thread issue resolved

jboydgolfer, Oct 11, 2019
  3. BrewIT Win User
    windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Hello All
    I work in IT and have been trying to figure this slow devices and printers problem for a while now. Being in the enterprise version might be slightly different but I decided to try a few things today.
    The new Devices\Printers and Scanners interface introduced in Windows 10 goes and tries to discover everything on the network before letting you take control. For our network that includes hundreds of printers etc. Going to Devices and printers poses the same sort of delay while windows hunts for every device on the machine and network.
    I decided to turn on Network discovery from Network and Sharing Center\Advanced Sharing Settings. Once I enabled Network Discovery the Devices and Printers loaded much faster - more like Windows 7 used to. I suspect the initial discovery might somehow be remember in the registry since I disabled Network discovery after opening Devices and printers the first time and even after rebooting the control panel\Devices and printers was quick to load. Turning on File and printer sharing also under Sharing Options also speeds up loading even after you turn it back off again.
    I tend to think the newer devices interface caused the problem by using auto discovery for network devices even though it wasn't turned off under sharing options. Likely a bug somewhere that's fixed once it's turned on one time.

Try it and see if it helps in other versions of Win 10

BrewIT, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 Device and Printers

windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Some things you can try:

- Uninstall Realtek audio drivers and allow Windows to install its drivers instead.
    - Uninstall HP printer drivers, see if Windows has drivers or install latest 8/10 drivers.
    - Disable Bluetooth service in services.msc.
    - Remove any network devices not connected to or using any longer.
    - Remove all USB devices, uninstall printers, delete network devices, verify it starts without extra stuff enabled.
    - Download and use DevNodeClean: http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/10390-devices-printers-slow-open-2.html#post671260
    - If in pro, go to Print Management and remove any old printer drivers, if you have any.
    - If you are unable to remove the driver from there, follow this guide to printui: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows/6700d817-cfb7-4d94-904e-25bc8f435c7f
    - You might check the solutions here, some from 7 and 8 are relevant on 10 as well: device & printer panel does not load? - Windows 7 Help Forums

Keep us posted! *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Device and Printers

1. Windows 10 Device and Printers - Similar Threads - Device Printers

2. "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login: Greetings,I work at a school in Australia. Just recently, when a student or staff logs into a laptop that is joined to the schools domain, it will get stuck on "applying group policy printer policy" for roughly 10-15 minutes.At first, we believed it was printers that were...
  3. "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login: Greetings,I work at a school in Australia. Just recently, when a student or staff logs into a laptop that is joined to the schools domain, it will get stuck on "applying group policy printer policy" for roughly 10-15 minutes.At first, we believed it was printers that were...
  4. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  5. Unable to Add Device printer

Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  6. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  8. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  9. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  10. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device and printers