Windows 10: Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering

Discus and support Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bought a PC at the start of 2020 with all brand new parts and built it with no problems whatsoever. Around 3 or so months in I had this exact issue and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by potato_aim, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering

Bought a PC at the start of 2020 with all brand new parts and built it with no problems whatsoever. Around 3 or so months in I had this exact issue and fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling my headset drivers. Fastforward to now and the same issue has yet again come back where I will recieve the windows notification sounds for a device connecting and disconecting which will spam themselves over and over leading to games like rainbow six siege crashing or other games like CoD Warzone slightly stuttering. I have opened my PC and checked all connections and screws which none are loose or too tight, uninstalled and reinstalled every driver possible, checked eveyday for updates on drivers and Windows, Verifyed game files countless times and performed 2 full system wipes to zero fixes. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

potato_aim, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Aug 21, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering

connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering

1. Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering - Similar Threads - Device connect disconnect

2. Sound crash after device disconnects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound crash after device disconnects: My keyboard started to disconnect sometimes lately, but it crashes my sound and it only returns once I replug my headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-crash-after-device-disconnects/6a50bcaa-1b37-4389-bc40-c190eaee50db
  3. Sound crash after device disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound crash after device disconnects: My keyboard started to disconnect sometimes lately, but it crashes my sound and it only returns once I replug my headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-crash-after-device-disconnects/6a50bcaa-1b37-4389-bc40-c190eaee50db
  4. Sound crash after device disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes: Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a disconnect sound and then the screen will turn a solid color. After a few seconds the screen will turn off and then back on but...
  6. Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hear the disconnected device sound and then game crashes: Hello,Been trying to deal with this issue for a while and have been working with Nvidia support as well.When playing certain games I will get a disconnect sound and then the screen will turn a solid color. After a few seconds the screen will turn off and then back on but...
  7. Disconnecting sound leads to lag on everything browsers, videos, games, etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disconnecting sound leads to lag on everything browsers, videos, games, etc: I have an old computer. Recently I've been noticing lag in videos that are playing on YT, videos playing from my computer, and playing games. Every time this happens, I hear the sound of something being unplugged. I hear the indicator, notice the lag, and it feels like hell....
  8. Stuttering leads to freezing

Stuttering leads to freezing: Computer starts stuttering then eventually freezes. I tried a fix where I disable HPET according to this website but it's still stuttering. What can I do to fix the issue? I am still getting same errors on the event viewer like 4311, 2, 28, etc....
  9. Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup

Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup: I just upgraded to windows 10 a couple of days ago from windows 7. Before updating all my games worked fine, but after certain games just crash when I try to launch them. Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module...
  10. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...