Windows 10: Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Routers... basically they all work in a similar fashion regardless of its brand, but why does Windows treat brands so differently? My recent problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HHH03, Dec 15, 2020.

1. HHH03 Win User

Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices

Routers... basically they all work in a similar fashion regardless of its brand, but why does Windows treat brands so differently? My recent problem was with my old router and the latest Windows updates. Network Explorer didnt like my brand and the right click menu became broken. I tried another and it did work better, but not perfectly... then I tried a third brand, Windows totally loved it... with absolutely perfect functionality. I have to ask why? There shouldnt be that much difference between brands, but there is. Windows definitely loves the ASUS I bought, hates the Linksys and is so so with the Netgear.

:)

HHH03, Dec 15, 2020

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices [​IMG]

putermaker, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices

1. Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices - Similar Threads - Device Management Network

2. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager: I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the...
  3. Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices

Windows 10 Device Management Network Devices: Routers... basically they all work in a similar fashion regardless of its brand, but why does Windows treat brands so differently? My recent problem was with my old router and the latest Windows updates. Network Explorer didnt like my brand and the right click menu became...
  4. Network card not showing in device manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network card not showing in device manager.: I recently installed a new network adapter and ever since then I’ve been having issues. Sometimes it shows up in device manager and sometimes it isn’t there. I haven’t been able to access the internet on my pc. I’ve tried everything. Reinstalling drivers, performing a network...
  5. Device Manager Refreshing - Related to Network

Device Manager Refreshing - Related to Network: I noticed slight stutters when gaming recently and while troubleshooting device drivers found that Device Manager was refreshing every 10-12 seconds or so and sometimes two or three times rapidly. These corresponded with the stutters in games. I assumed it was a USB hub or...
  6. Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection

Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection: I have a Windows 10 64-bit HP laptop that's about a year old. Today, when I got home from work, I noticed that it seemed to have restarted, so I assumed it had downloaded a Windows update. However, I suddenly have a number of problems that I didn't have this morning before...
  7. Windows 10 Device Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Device Manager: Good morning, I am running Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, on a Lenovo ThinkPad T430. Current will all updates. This started about a month ago. When I launch Windows and log-in to a non-Admin account, a dialogue box immediately shows up saying I am not logged in as Admin...
  8. Windows 10 device manager

Windows 10 device manager: After setting up imaging devices in device manager 2 devices got listed as devices under imaging devices. both were my printer. clicking on one of them resulted in the statement MF2210 is working properly. But when I click the other printer icon a code 10 appears. What...
  9. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager: I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are...
  10. Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .: I'd like to make a shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/Nvidia nforce networking controller. Or, better still, a batch command to disallow the device from waking the computer. The problem is that it frequently reverts to allowing wake, thus making it impossible to...