Windows 10: Windows 10 Device Manager not detecting Imaging Devices at all

Discus and support Windows 10 Device Manager not detecting Imaging Devices at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop and I started installing all of the correct drivers for it. This laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kenan120, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Kenan120 Win User

Windows 10 Device Manager not detecting Imaging Devices at all

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop and I started installing all of the correct drivers for it. This laptop has an Intel 3D RealSense Depth Camera built into it (used for Windows Hello) and when I tried to install the driver for it, it generated an error saying it couldn't find the device. So I checked the Device Manager and I was not surprised to find out that it wasn't there.

This depth camera should be under Imaging Devices and Universal Serial Bus Devises like this:

> Imaging Devices

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) RGB

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera Vertual Driver

> Universal Serial Bus Devises

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200)

Everything listed above was non-existent in the Device Manager. I tried to install it manually and only got as far as this:

> Imaging Devices

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth

With this, I tried to install the driver but it still showed the same error message. I uninstalled the device above and tried to reinstall it manually again but this time it didn't show up in the list of devices at all! I've searched everywhere online for a solution but nothing helped. I've been to Dell's community forum but I've come here because I think that this is a software problem and not a hardware one.

:)

Kenan120, Aug 17, 2019

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 17, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Aug 17, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Not Detecting USB Devices

It is possible you may need to run VIAO update, after your upgrade to 8.1, to check for new drivers and patches.

Edit: Also, have you gone to device manager and check the item in the menu "show hidden devices".
    See if their are any problems, uninstall any usb devices, and their associated listings in the other sections of the device manager that should not be there.

If need be... try GhostBuster to remove any ghosted devices you need/want gone.

You may need to do a refresh of Windows 8.1 as a last resort.

95Viper, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Device Manager not detecting Imaging Devices at all - Similar Threads - Device Manager detecting

2. iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices: Windows 10 stopped recognizing my iPhone as a device. It no longer shows up in Explorer or Device Manager.I have the latest iOS installed on my phone and current on Windows updates though I didn't have this issue before the last MS update - could be coincidenceI tried...
  3. Camera to detected in Device Manager

Camera to detected in Device Manager: Hi there, I have an Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 Home, and can't seem to get my webcam to work. It is not listed on the Device Manager list, even in hidden programs. I'd like to know how to obtain the driver, Thanks, Fernando...
  4. All my graphic cards are not detected by device manager

All my graphic cards are not detected by device manager: I have two graphics cards, intel and amd being the renderer. After downgrading from 20H1 to 1909 all my graphics cards disappeared showing only microsoft basic display, i tried reinstalling the amd driver but the laptop freezes afterwards, went into safe mode to found out the...
  5. Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working

Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working: imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working HI, Last day when i clicked on the camera tile it said 'to get started, connect a camera' and i found out that none of my apps and desktop applications could use the webcam.Each time i get an error...
  6. Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager: A few days ago, my computer suddenly became unable to detect any Bluetooth devices. I didn't restart my computer, but the Bluetooth device just can't connect to my computer after I didn't use it for a while. When I checked the notification center, the Bluetooth button just...
  7. Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager

Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager: I have tried repeatedly but unsuccessfully to get the webcam to work. I have been advised to go to device manager and click on camera or imaging device. But neither camera nor imaging device are listed in the device manager. I likewise tried other routes-device...
  8. Device manager not showing all devices

Device manager not showing all devices: portable disc drive is not found in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/device-manager-not-showing-all-devices/8c0fc3ff-a856-48a1-97bb-b20c106d8bd5
  9. Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager: I have a Sager NP8275-S (Clevo P170SM) laptop running Windows 10 and the integrated webcam is not getting detected by the machine. I tried to look at the state of the drivers on device manager, but not only was the device not showing up in "Sound, video and game controllers",...
  10. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Imaging Device category missing in device manager: Webcam was working a week ago. Suddenly Skype cannot detect my web cam . I went to Device Manager , selected the web cam under Imaging devices , then uninstalled the driver . Then went back to Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes. Now even the Imaging Device...