Windows 10: Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates"

Discus and support Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC is currently displaying an icon in the taskbar that says "Your device is missing important updates" when I hover over it. Clicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConnV., Dec 11, 2018.

1. ConnV. Win User

Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates"

My Windows 10 PC is currently displaying an icon in the taskbar that says "Your device is missing important updates" when I hover over it. Clicking on it brings me to the Windows Update section of the settings, saying "You're not up to date. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". Clicking "Check for Updates" causes the window to search for updates for a brief moment, before returning to "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". It's not actually updating, it just says I need to. I have "Give me updates on other Microsoft Products" checked in the Update settings, so I am not missing those. I have run the troubleshooter and tried all the fixes it proposed I do. I have restarted my PC, to no avail. Nothing worked.

Now Windows Defender also displays a red icon on the taskbar, saying "Actions needed" when I hover over it. Clicking it brings up Windows Security Center... where everything seems fine. All the icons except the family options display a green checkmark, indicating that no actions are needed.

What is happening to my PC, and how do I get the notifications to go away?

:)

ConnV., Dec 11, 2018
  2. lorraine walsh, Dec 12, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Dec 12, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates" capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates" - Similar Threads - Device Missing Important

2. 0x80070643 and Device missing important fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 and Device missing important fixes: My PC is running on windows 10. I keep trying to update it but always get the error code :0x80070643 and above it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. I tried runnin the SFC command and the DISM commands but both end up saying it couldn't start...
  3. 0x80070643 and Device missing important fixes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80070643 and Device missing important fixes: My PC is running on windows 10. I keep trying to update it but always get the error code :0x80070643 and above it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. I tried runnin the SFC command and the DISM commands but both end up saying it couldn't start...
  4. Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates" - A Simple Answer - Maybe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates" - A Simple Answer - Maybe: I googled this issue where is looks for updates and after a short while just came back with 'You're not up to date ' and in red Device Missing Important Updates or something similar with all the usual 'C**P" about reset update components and re install etc.But doing something...
  5. Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates" - A Simple Answer - Maybe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates" - A Simple Answer - Maybe: I googled this issue where is looks for updates and after a short while just came back with 'You're not up to date ' and in red Device Missing Important Updates or something similar with all the usual 'C**P" about reset update components and re install etc.But doing something...
  6. Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates" - A Simple Answer - Maybe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Update- Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Windows 10 Update- Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: I had this on both my desktop PC and my laptop. I get this message, but no error. Just this message and "You're not up to date".The laptop fixed itself, but I can't get it to clear this message or install any updates on my desktop.Clicking the button to check for updates, it...
  8. Important updates missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Important updates missing?: [ATTACH] I've got updates enabled, but getting this message. https://preview.redd.it/2pv8tqxy6zy61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=e93f5f743bfee0c5ccb29700be88e47db6674366 submitted by /u/Sven_of_the_Dog [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Update Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: My windows 10 Update no longer works it used to work and then. When I try updating it shows "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes and There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the...
  10. Windows 10 Updates: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Windows 10 Updates: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hi there, Windows updates are available, however the system does not update these nor lets me do it manually. This message shows: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes, and a list of 6 pending download updates are listed below. I followed the steps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your device is missing important security and quality fixes gpedit.msc

2. device is missing important update

3. windows 10 update missing device

4. device missing important updates,
  5. Windows 10 Device Missing Important Updates,
  6. windows 10 missing important updates,
  7. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes but no updates