Windows 10: Windows 10 dialogue boxes wont clear off screen when closed

Discus and support Windows 10 dialogue boxes wont clear off screen when closed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I have started to notice that if I copy/Move or delete files in Windows 10 explorer, the 'copying' etc dialogue box will display, gets to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bryangee733, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 dialogue boxes wont clear off screen when closed

Recently, I have started to notice that if I copy/Move or delete files in Windows 10 explorer, the 'copying' etc dialogue box will display, gets to 100% and then acts as tho the window has closed I can access anything behind the window in a explorer folder window BUT the actual dialogue box doesn't clear from the screen. I have to then start Task Manager and restart Explorer.exe to clear it from the screen.

This also happens when I start Outlook, and the Reminders window pops up, I dismiss all, but the window stays onscreen.

I've run sfc /scannow command, it repaired corrupt files, and then I restarted my PC. However, this hasn't fixed the problem at all. I'm running the latest version of Insider Previeew build.

Any help would be appreciated. I really do not want to do a fresh install of windows 10

:)

bryangee733, Jan 22, 2021

2. Text invisible in programs dialogue box on Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know if the issue persists with other program dialogue boxes as well.

This might be a temporary issue on your computer.

I suggest you to sign-in out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if the issue persists.

Also, try to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Update us the status of accessing text in program dialogue boxes for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Dialogue box duration

Hi,

For us to narrow down your concern with the dialogue boxes and notifications that are quickly disappearing, we would like to know the following:

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Windows 10 dialogue boxes wont clear off screen when closed

Audio socket dialogue box

Dear Jon,

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

Concerning Method 1:

First, Windows Key + X - Control Panel does appear in the list.

I accessed it by Typing "Control Panel" in the search field next to the Start Button on the Task Bar.

Then after selecting "Hardware and Sound" the Realtek HD Audio Manager does not appear in the list.

Apparently this is a well known issue with Windows 10. I have not taken steps to resolve that issue yet.

Concerning Method 2:

I have followed your instructions carefully but it did not resolve the issue.

I was able to resolve the issue of getting the Audio Popup Dialogue Box to reappear in the following way:

Windows Key + X then I selected the Device Manager.

From the "Sound, video & game controllers" I right clicked "Realtek Audio" and selected Properties.

In the dialogue box that appeared I selected the Driver tab and clicked on Update driver.

I clicked on "Browse my computer for driver software" and "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

Then I selected "Realtek Audio" and clicked Next.

Windows then reinstalled the drivers.

After doing this the "Which device did you plug in" dialogue box appeared when I plugged something into the audio socket.

So the immediate issue of getting the dialogue box back is solved but the Realtek HD Audio Manager still does not appear in the list of Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel. Any advice you can give to resolve that issue I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks for all you help so far. I hope this finds you well.

StevenHandley1, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 dialogue boxes wont clear off screen when closed

1. Windows 10 dialogue boxes wont clear off screen when closed - Similar Threads - dialogue boxes wont

2. How to close a dialogue box when the drop down will not let you continue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to close a dialogue box when the drop down will not let you continue?: Whats with this stupid lock down in word telling user to close the dialogue in Word app and not allow you to continue. Anyone suffering this stess by yet another error by Microsoft ?...
  3. How to close a dialogue box when the drop down will not let you continue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to close a dialogue box when the drop down will not let you continue?: Whats with this stupid lock down in word telling user to close the dialogue in Word app and not allow you to continue. Anyone suffering this stess by yet another error by Microsoft ?...
  4. Clear Box On Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Box On Screen: How do I get rid of the clear box that is on my monitor that is blocking access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-box-on-screen/2ca2b7f0-9118-4454-a89f-4c3b78782faa
  5. Clear Box On Screen

Clear Box On Screen: How do I get rid of the clear box that is on my monitor that is blocking access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-box-on-screen/2ca2b7f0-9118-4454-a89f-4c3b78782faa
  6. Clear Transparent box on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Transparent box on screen: If you can see the clear box down below it wont go away i dont know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-transparent-box-on-screen/24f41087-3e4f-460c-a4ee-9148d8e277af
  7. Clear Transparent box on screen

Clear Transparent box on screen: If you can see the clear box down below it wont go away i dont know how to get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-transparent-box-on-screen/24f41087-3e4f-460c-a4ee-9148d8e277af
  8. Dialogue Box Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialogue Box Issue: I am trying to download an update for a game on Origin, but no dialogue box is popping up to ask for permission to download the content so Origin can't update the game. How do I fix this?...
  9. clear box on my screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    clear box on my screen: Please help me get rid of this clear box on my screen it is very annoying.I am using a Lenovo ideapad 110 I appreciate any help I can get Thank you so much in advance....
  10. Windows Installer Dialogue Box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer Dialogue Box: My I7 computer runs Windows 10Pro 64 bit Version 1709 Build 16299.248 When I reboot, the Windows Installer Dialogue Box launches each time. I can cancel it and it appears to be causing no problems. Does anyone have ideas that I can use to prevent it popping up each...