Windows 10: Windows 10 dictation scratchpad will not perform the "Insert" or "Cancel" function when...

Discus and support Windows 10 dictation scratchpad will not perform the "Insert" or "Cancel" function when... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This does not occur every single time, but generally does occur multiple times a day. Thank you for your assistance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chmaddness, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 dictation scratchpad will not perform the "Insert" or "Cancel" function when...

This does not occur every single time, but generally does occur multiple times a day.

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

chmaddness, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Word Recognition Scratchpad incomplete text insertion

When using Word Recognition with a Word .docx, the Scratchpad accurately records dictation, but will only insert the first several words.

Turning off Scratchpad and dictating directly into the document means that the commands don't work. For example, words cannot be corrected by voice, punctuation cannot be inserted, etc.

Mic is high-quality, new, and correctly set up, computer is a year old and was purchased with Win 10 installed.

An earlier thread exists on this same problem back in the Win 7 days. Fix please?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

GazingWest, Jan 17, 2020
  3. WSRMarkoe Win User
    speech recognition in windows 10

The text box is called the Scratchpad. First of all, make sure to always start WSR, Windows Speech Recognition, before any program you wish to use it in. To disable the Scratchpad, Right Click the microphone icon on the Speechbar. Select Options and remove
    checkmark from Enable dictation scratchpad.

Marty Markoe, MyMSSpeech.com

WSRMarkoe, Jan 17, 2020
  4. MarkoeWSR Win User

Windows 10 dictation scratchpad will not perform the "Insert" or "Cancel" function when...

Speech dictation in Windows 10 cuts off text when inserting

The box you are referring to is called the dictation scratchpad. This has a limited number of characters into which you can dictate. The first thing I would try his right clicking the microphone icon in the Speech Bar, click Options, and take the check mark
    away from enable dictation scratchpad. You should after a restart, if you start speech recognition first, be able to dictate into Microsoft Word.

Marty, MyMSSpeech.com

MarkoeWSR, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 dictation scratchpad will not perform the "Insert" or "Cancel" function when...

1. Windows 10 dictation scratchpad will not perform the "Insert" or "Cancel" function when... - Similar Threads - dictation scratchpad perform

2. Voice typing inserts spaces when I dictate series of numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice typing inserts spaces when I dictate series of numbers: Whenever I read a sequence of numbers separated by commas, voice typing inserts spaces between the numbers09282 3,09292 3,12114 7,12495 9,112135...
  3. Voice typing inserts spaces when I dictate series of numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice typing inserts spaces when I dictate series of numbers: Whenever I read a sequence of numbers separated by commas, voice typing inserts spaces between the numbers09282 3,09292 3,12114 7,12495 9,112135...
  4. Problem with insert function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with insert function: I want to enter the TEXTJOIN in insert fuction but it dosent give me that option.How do I insert that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-insert-function/4252afac-ad3a-4dee-b56d-02241156087e
  5. Problem with insert function

Problem with insert function: I want to enter the TEXTJOIN in insert fuction but it dosent give me that option.How do I insert that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-insert-function/4252afac-ad3a-4dee-b56d-02241156087e
  6. Problem with insert function

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. windows 10 dictation Not inserting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 dictation Not inserting text: After pressing the windows button Then s to use Microsoft dictation It always keeps saying listening But nothing happens and I'm not sure what to do to fix it And I have tried restarting my computer but this does not fix it...
  8. windows 10 dictation Not inserting text

windows 10 dictation Not inserting text: After pressing the windows button Then s to use Microsoft dictation It always keeps saying listening But nothing happens and I'm not sure what to do to fix it And I have tried restarting my computer but this does not fix it...
  9. Built in Dictation function not starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built in Dictation function not starting: Hi there :) When I try to activate my dictation function on windows 10 I get an error "something went wrong" try again later.that is if i use the win+H function, but if I use word's built in dictation function it works flawlessly. I am lost. can someone help? submitted by...
  10. Dictate function gives trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dictate function gives trouble: Dictate function in office home and student keeps inserting the word 'hey' or 'hey cortana' whenever i start a new sentence. The next issue is whenever i select a few words it gets auto deleted....