Windows 10: windows 10 did an update and now my desktop and browsers all look different

Discus and support windows 10 did an update and now my desktop and browsers all look different in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows updated my computer and I did not have any sound. It took hours and several people to correct this and it was not easy. Also the update changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jer001, Dec 20, 2018.

1. jer001 Win User

windows 10 did an update and now my desktop and browsers all look different

Windows updated my computer and I did not have any sound. It took hours and several people to correct this and it was not easy. Also the update changed the appearance of my desk top, task bar, and browsers. I don't know what else has changed. At this point I am so frustrated and dislike Windows 10. How can you do this to us. Every time there is an update I have problems. Help me fix this please. Can you do that?

:)

jer001, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2018
  3. BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Dec 20, 2018
  4. windows 10 did an update and now my desktop and browsers all look different

Different looks in Windows 10 icons, menus, etc

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft community.

• Are you facing any issues on working with Windows because of this?
    This is because of the updates installed and the Themes selected might be different.

I would suggest you to Install all the pending updates on both the machine and also set the default Theme and check if it resolves.

• Login to Microsoft account and install all the pending updates.
    • Right click on the empty place in the Desktop
      and select Personalization.
    • Select the Default Theme and check.
    Hope this information helps. If you are facing any issues with Windows keep us posted.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 did an update and now my desktop and browsers all look different

1. windows 10 did an update and now my desktop and browsers all look different - Similar Threads - did update desktop

2. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...
  3. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...
  4. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  5. Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows did an automatic update and now all of my files are gone.: Running windows 11 on a Dell, it does nightly updates and restarts, this time it deleted all of my files and most of them are for school. I need it back immediately, it was just fine the other day....
  6. Different looks windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different looks windows 10: Hello,My wife and I have two separate PCs. I was reinstalling Windows 10 and noticed my windows on mine and hers look different. They’re both on windows 10 home and both up-to-date. When I was rebooting her for a fresh install and notice things did not look the same. I’ve...
  7. Different looks windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different looks windows 10: Hello,My wife and I have two separate PCs. I was reinstalling Windows 10 and noticed my windows on mine and hers look different. They’re both on windows 10 home and both up-to-date. When I was rebooting her for a fresh install and notice things did not look the same. I’ve...
  8. Different looks windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 10 Desktop looks different after I did a factory reset on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop looks different after I did a factory reset on my PC: After I did a factory reset on my PC today I noticed that some things look different then before I reset my PC. When holding left click on the desktop the "indicator" is now transparent before I reset my PC it was a blue tint. [ATTACH] This is what it looks like now. Also...
  10. My VirusTotal page looks different, browser hijacked?

in Browsers and Email
    My VirusTotal page looks different, browser hijacked?: Was surfing the web. Scanned a Zip file at VT, said it was OK. Downloaded it. Before extracting, scanned with Defender and MBAM, both said clean. Extracted & re-scanned again Defender & MBAM said clean. Opened a new browser to scan extracted folder on VT. UM.. the VT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 1903 has changed the look of my desktop windows background