Windows 10: Windows 10 did an update yesterday and now my computer will not come back on

Discus and support Windows 10 did an update yesterday and now my computer will not come back on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to boot up the computer I am getting error code 0xc000021a. I tried creating a USB bootable drive but cannot get the computer to boot from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonnaColburn, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 did an update yesterday and now my computer will not come back on

When I try to boot up the computer I am getting error code 0xc000021a. I tried creating a USB bootable drive but cannot get the computer to boot from it. I have Toshiba Portege and am using Windows 10 Pro. How do I get this computer to come back up? I have tried: Start Up Repair - says it cannot repair the PC; I have tried Recovery Wizard - it will not work; I have tried go back to a previous version, it will not work; I have tired system restore, it will not work. I don't know what to do!!!!

:)

DonnaColburn, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 9, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 did an update yesterday and now my computer will not come back on

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 did an update yesterday and now my computer will not come back on

1. Windows 10 did an update yesterday and now my computer will not come back on - Similar Threads - did update yesterday

2. Windows did one of their updates to my Laptop Yesterday and now I can’t access the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows did one of their updates to my Laptop Yesterday and now I can’t access the...: 04/10/24 at 11:50 am I was able to access the internet. 30 minutes later after windows updated I could no longer access the internet. I have a Microsoft Edge and no hard wire capability, only WiFi. I tried removing the updates since there were two. One was a security update...
  3. Windows did one of their updates to my Laptop Yesterday and now I can’t access the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows did one of their updates to my Laptop Yesterday and now I can’t access the...: 04/10/24 at 11:50 am I was able to access the internet. 30 minutes later after windows updated I could no longer access the internet. I have a Microsoft Edge and no hard wire capability, only WiFi. I tried removing the updates since there were two. One was a security update...
  4. Windows did one of their updates to my Laptop Yesterday and now I can’t access the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. why the **** did the water mark "activate windows" come back after updating my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why the **** did the water mark "activate windows" come back after updating my pc?: Go to settings to activate windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-did-the-water-mark-activate-windows-come/5ed500fc-7a53-4308-90f0-fd216189c3b4
  6. Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen.

Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen.: Split from this thread.Greetings. May you please direct me to a representative that can help me? Yesterday an update started by Windows, and now my computer is crashing on the blue screen.I have a chromebook HP dk0xxxSystem 8588Serial 5CG00116V7...
  7. My Tablet will not turn on after did an update yesterday

My Tablet will not turn on after did an update yesterday: After the windows on my tablet yesterday. I am not able to turn the tablet and it is not taking a charge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tablet-will-not-turn-on-after-did-an-update/d7d9d7f7-e37a-40e1-bd27-ab169f9dfaec
  8. I set my computer to restart and updated yesterday and now it won't boot

I set my computer to restart and updated yesterday and now it won't boot: I set my computer to restart and updated yesterday and now it won't boot. When i say it won't boot, its not even going into biso. The fan are running and it has power. It just running like its sitting idle. I don't even hear things speed up a bit like it normally dose....
  9. main computer did update and now will not boot

main computer did update and now will not boot: my main computer did some update today and I noticed it had shut down after it went to boot up and it said of course there was a problem with the update and now it is stuck on undoing changes made to your computer. this happened once before and I ended up having to go and...
  10. Updated Windows 10 yesterday, now computer gets stuck at startup on a

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated Windows 10 yesterday, now computer gets stuck at startup on a: I'm so upset...here's what happened: After around a week of not checking for updates, I did it yesterday (I assume its the latest update), and found out it was scheduled to be installed today at 8.15am. So I continued using my computer...and for other reasons, I got a BSOD...