Windows 10: Windows 10 -- Did not detect another display

Discus and support Windows 10 -- Did not detect another display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First Problem: Hooked up external display to laptop running windows 10 = worked fine Tried to hook up second external display = Display settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyleGarman1, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 -- Did not detect another display

First Problem:

Hooked up external display to laptop running windows 10 = worked fine

Tried to hook up second external display = Display settings could not be saved

It would detect the first monitor as an Acer #### but the second monitor was labeled Generic Non PNP monitor

Updated all drivers and restarted the computer THEN neither monitor worked

Current problem:

Now neither of the monitors are detected (Windows settings displays message "Did not detect another display" when the Detect button is pressed)

I have done the following:

Checked both monitors with another computer (they both work)

Updated all drivers

Downloaded specific display drivers from Radeon's website

Complete Factory reset

This isnt a hardware problem, everything works. Something with software

:)

KyleGarman1, Sep 9, 2019

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2019
  4. BetsyLC Win User

Windows 10 -- Did not detect another display

Windows 10 upgrade to 1709 does not detect my other display.

Is there a fix? And is it possible to stop the force feeding of the 1709 build?

Windows 10 upgrade to 1709 does not detect my other display. I have tried every suggestion listed here to no avail. Including installing KB4057291. Going back to the prior build again. NVidia graphics card not listed as display adaptor because it will not
    recognize my 2nd display. Yet once i go back my 2nd display and screen settings come back

BetsyLC, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 -- Did not detect another display

1. Windows 10 -- Did not detect another display - Similar Threads - Did detect another

2. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  3. not detecting displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not detecting displays: windows 10 does not detect external monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-detecting-displays/a83fae48-30eb-4fdf-8e5b-f5d97bd2958f
  4. Didn't Detect another Display Setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Didn't Detect another Display Setting: HP Envy x360 convertible. I keep getting an error called Didn't detect another Display setting when the laptop and monitor are hooked through a brand new HDMI cord with Brand New monitor. The Display Adapter has been updated. Windows has been updated. Noting seems to...
  5. Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display"

Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display": Hi I plugged in a second monitor but in the display settings it says "Didn t detect another display, though I m actually watching my laptop screen in the second monitor [Original Title: Monitor Detection]...
  6. didn't detect another display windows 10

didn't detect another display windows 10: didn't detect another display windows 10[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-detect-another-display-windows-10/02420d3e-da42-450c-9297-a33062ca329f
  7. Cant detect another display / Cant scroll in display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cant detect another display / Cant scroll in display settings: Hi! After windows update, I can't connect to my TV via HDMI. Have TV on screen 1 and PC monitor on screen 2. The strange thing is that when I try to use Ctrl + P I cant switch between options (extend, duplicate...) its rolling me back all the time. Also when I'm in display...
  8. didn't detect another display windows 10

didn't detect another display windows 10: Tried reinstalling drivers (including removing the driver from device manager), but the issue persists. Second monitor (TV) keeps saying "No signal". Worked first time I reinstalled but after about 20 minutes screen went black and won't come on (No signal message again). Any...
  9. Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor but it did before.

Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor but it did before.: I have a new Lenovo AIO that came with Windows 10. From the start, it successfully detected a second monitor connected by HDMI. Yesterday I disconnected the second monitor in order to move to a new location. Now Windows is not detecting the second monitor. I've disconnected...
  10. Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display": Both of my monitors are working fine, but it is just the same picture being duplicated. The point of this setup is obviously to get an extended picture rather than having two monitors showing the same thing. The problem is, when I go to display settings, only one monitor is...