Windows 10: Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard

Discus and support Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a copy of Windows 10 Home, that I got for free via the upgrade program when Windows 10 came out. I kept my digital entitlement key info written... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kdlst, Aug 5, 2019.

1. kdlst Win User

Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard

I have a copy of Windows 10 Home, that I got for free via the upgrade program when Windows 10 came out. I kept my digital entitlement key info written down just in case I ever needed it.

I've recently had to replace both my motherboard and my GPU on my computer (but not my hard drives) and I guess that is enough of a significant change that windows is now asking me to reactivate.

The xxxx'd out product key seems to match the digital key that I kept written down (the last 5 alphanumerics are the same), but when I try and put it into the troubleshooter and to reactivate, it just tells me "Windows can't activate at this time, try activating again later. Error code: 0x8007251E".

When I try and choose "troubleshoot" to fix the problem, it keeps telling me that it can't find any devices linked to my account, but when I open up my microsoft account it shows me both my old motherboard and the name of my PC and my new motherboard and name of my PC?

Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard 8496e134-2c1f-4976-a4b8-915893d72669?upload=true.png

How do I get windows to re-accept my digital entitlement key? What's the point of giving this free copy of windows 10 if I'm not going to be able to have it accepted if I change my motherboard? Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard :(

:)

kdlst, Aug 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.

Hello.

My old motherboard failed on me and after replacing it windows 10 will not activate. I have a digital windows 10 license for this machine. Is there anything I can do?

Error code 0x803F7001

ChristianBanks, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Can't Activate Windows 10 Home Edition After A Motherboard Replacement

I recently built a PC about two weeks ago, bought a digital license in the Windows Store, and then decided to switch to a different motherboard last week. I cannot get Windows 10 to re-activate. I'm signed in with the same Microsoft account I purchased the
    license with, and I have followed the "Activation Troubleshooting" steps. Once I select my computer, I get the following message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

It also tells me I can go buy it. I have proof of purchases for my old motherboard, the one I replaced it with, and my digital license I bought in the Windows store. Don't understand why I can't reactivate.

hayesraven, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard

Windows activation failed after motherboard replacement

Hi Jimmy,

In Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later), you can link your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 digital license on your device. This will help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later,
    such as replacing the motherboard. You may refer to this
    Microsoft article
    for more information.

However, if you didn't add your Microsoft account and link it to the digital license on your device, you won't be able to use the Activation troubleshooter to reactivate Windows. Thus,
    we suggest that you contact
    customer support
    for further assistance.

If we can help you with anything else, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard

1. Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard - Similar Threads - Digital Access Activating

2. Windows Activation After motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation After motherboard replacement: Good day After replacing my pc's motherboard I cannot activate windows anymore. Before the replacement it was working 100%, now all I get is errors. After troubleshooting > I changed hardware on this device I cannot find any other devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  3. Windows activation after motherboard replacement

Windows activation after motherboard replacement: I have a legitimate Windows licence. Some days ago I had to replace a motherboard and a processor. Now my Windows is in the status "Not activated." Please help me activate my Windows...
  4. Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.: i recently had a motherboard failure and had to move my hdd to another pc to get back up and running. I am now seeing an error saying to activate my copy of windows. This was a free upgrade from 7 to 10 on the Microsoft website so I don't have an activation code to put in....
  5. Win 10 activation after motherboard replaced

Win 10 activation after motherboard replaced: I updated to Win 10 after 7/8 and things were great - then last week I had to replace my MoBo and now I cannot get the Win 10 to re-activate. My MS digital account does not show my Win 10 licence it does show my Office 365 subscription and an old Excel 2013 one and I think...
  6. Can't activate digital key of Windows 10 on PC after a number of motherboard replacements.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate digital key of Windows 10 on PC after a number of motherboard replacements.: Long story short I have had a slew of motherboard issues with my PC so I've had to replace the MOBO several times and now windows won't activate. I was under the impression that the digital license I purchased from the MS store was tied to my MS account but I suppose this...
  7. Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement

Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement: I had a Windows 10 computer with a digital license that was linked to my Microsoft account. It was upgraded from a Windows 7 license. The motherboard of that PC had a defect so I had to throw it away. After that I removed that computer from the device list of my Microsoft...
  8. activating windows after motherboard replacement

activating windows after motherboard replacement: Hello, I bought somewhere in the beginning of this year a new windows 10 license, digitally through the windows store, to install it on my new computer, 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke down and needed to be replaced. Now I am unable to activate it with the new motherboard....
  9. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement

Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement: My old PC failed so I put my hard drive into another PC. Upon booting I get a message to "Activate Windows". My original installation was done online so I don't have Product Key so how do I resolve this without having to buy a new copy?...
  10. Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.: Hello. My old motherboard failed on me and after replacing it windows 10 will not activate. I have a digital windows 10 license for this machine. Is there anything I can do? Error code 0x803F7001...