Windows 10: Windows 10 digital key wont activate after hardware and Windows reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 digital key wont activate after hardware and Windows reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is my current issue. A few months ago I killed my PSU and only recently got it replaced, during this process, I upgraded my SSD and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AusTek9400, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 digital key wont activate after hardware and Windows reinstall

This is my current issue. A few months ago I killed my PSU and only recently got it replaced, during this process, I upgraded my SSD and reinstalled windows 10, and now the digital key won't activate. My key was a retail windows 8 home key I upgraded to a Windows 10 home digital key. One thing that confuses me is under Microsoft Devices on their site it says my old pc key "Is filled out my O.E.M" so does that mean I used my one chance with that key?

:)

AusTek9400, Dec 23, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 digital key wont activate after hardware and Windows reinstall

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 digital key wont activate after hardware and Windows reinstall

1. Windows 10 digital key wont activate after hardware and Windows reinstall - Similar Threads - digital key wont

2. Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...: Hello MS Community,I built my PC in 2015 and purchased Windows 8. Since then, I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and reset my PC once. When I sign into my Microsoft account I can clearly see my PC under my devices with Windows 10 Enterprise as the listed OS.Here is what I...
  3. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  4. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  5. Windows was "Activated by Digital License" after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows was "Activated by Digital License" after reinstalling Windows 10: I asked the same question awhile ago, but I was not satisfied of my explanation. Here was the situation, few months back, I use an unlicensed version of Windows 10 in my laptop. I was thinking of reverting back to Windows 8.1, hoping that I might use the OEM key of my...
  6. Windows is activated with a Digital License after reinstalling Windows 10

Windows is activated with a Digital License after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi, this kept bothering me if this is legal or not. Awhile ago, I am trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1 because I was trying if the OEM key might work there, but it failed and I have to reinstall Windows 10. After installing it, it shows that it was "activated with a...
  7. Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change

Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change: Hi, I recently built a new PC and have just installed Windows 10 Pro, I have a digital key and I have followed all the instructions of logging into my account and it should activate but it does not. I get this error code though0xC004F213...
  8. Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore

Digital Windows activation key wont work anymore: Hey people, I came across an issue which I cant find solution to. I have been Insider user for years now and I do change laptops fairly often and since my last installation on older Dell laptop of Win 10 Pro, my digital key seem to be not working anymore. Still asks me to...
  9. Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware

Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware: Howdy! So I just got a new macbook pro with bootcamp. On my old macbook pro with bootcamp i purchased windows 10 home digitaly, and it is now supposed to be linked to my account. However I cant get it to activate on my new macbook. I get Error code 0xC004F213 I...
  10. Windows 10 wont activate after hardware change?

Windows 10 wont activate after hardware change?: Recently got my motherboard replaced so I'm trying to reactivate windows, however it doesn't let me? There are no other devices still activated on the copy of windows as well (checked my other devices) Any help? It's windows 10 pro....