Windows 10: Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

Discus and support Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, i got a free upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop when Microsoft first announced it. That was a few years ago. I got a new PC last year and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Siim Kuusküll, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

Hello, i got a free upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop when Microsoft first announced it. That was a few years ago. I got a new PC last year and the shop i got it from had already Windows pre-installed on the device.

As i discovered, it was a pirated license. It started giving me an error code: 0x8007232B. So i thought no matter, i can still use my own Windows license from my old laptop. It seems just being logged into my Microsoft account isn't doing a trick. Also i can't format nor uninstall my product key from my old laptop since it is collecting dust for a year atleast, and its hard drive is broken and it doesn't boot up and i already tossed away the charger aswell.

From what i've read, i'm entitled to a one-time transfer? If that's the case that would be great.

Have a great day,

Siim

:)

Siim Kuusküll, Mar 30, 2019

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

digital license

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

1. Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC. - Similar Threads - digital license activation

2. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro: I have recently upgraded my pc and I used the same drive to install windows on the new pc, so I have no access to the old windows installlation. On my old PC I activated windows using a digitial license and so I tried activating windows on the new pc using the digital...
  3. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro: I have recently upgraded my pc and I used the same drive to install windows on the new pc, so I have no access to the old windows installlation. On my old PC I activated windows using a digitial license and so I tried activating windows on the new pc using the digital...
  4. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 activation problem- transfer digital license to new pc

Windows 10 activation problem- transfer digital license to new pc: Trying to set up a new pc and transfer Windows 10 pro from my old PC. My MS account shows that I have digital license that is linked to my account. I purchased the original retail license through an MS employee. New PC shows an error indicating no product key can be found on...
  6. Digital License not activating Windows 10

Digital License not activating Windows 10: I've recently built a new PC and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on it. I've reinstalled my Windows on several PCs before and it's never been an issue, it's always activated itself. I have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account, and I am logged in on this PC...
  7. Windows 10 Digital license Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital license Activation: I recently upgraded my pc New Mother board and CPU at tech shop. I had an old SSD in the PC from an old laptop that was given to me. SSD had a copy of Win 10 on it. I only used it as a data storage device. Not the main HDD Tech Shop set up SSD as Main Boot disk. I have...
  8. Activation of windows 10 on new computer by Digital License

Activation of windows 10 on new computer by Digital License: Hello, I just build a new pc with windows 10 home(not activate yet) and trying to transfer windows 10 pro from my old pc by digital license method, however when I use the problem solving function to activate it, it said that the version do not match and not usable, what...
  9. Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC

Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC: Hello! I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account. In a couple of days I will get a new PC. I'd like to transfer my digital license from this PC to the one I will get. Is this possible? And if it is, how exactly can I do that?...
  10. Windows digital license on new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows digital license on new PC: Hello. I had a Windows 8 laptop and when Windows 10 came out, I updated for free which means I got a digital activation license for my Microsoft Account. After I got a PC though, I cannot use that license. Is this how it works or am I running into a problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activating windows 10 with digital license on new pc

2. new pc digital activation windows