Windows 10: Windows 10 Digital License after Hard Drive Change?

Discus and support Windows 10 Digital License after Hard Drive Change? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am in the process of reinstalling Windows 10 on my pc after upgrading my hard drive earlier today. I did not link the digital license to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lei Corre, May 16, 2020.

1. Lei Corre Win User

Windows 10 Digital License after Hard Drive Change?

Hello,

I am in the process of reinstalling Windows 10 on my pc after upgrading my hard drive earlier today. I did not link the digital license to my Microsoft account, I figured creating the recovery USB would restore Windows 10 but instead it returned my computer to Windows 8.1. I started running the Windows 10 installation from Microsoft’s website directly without creating the USB or DVD for the ISO to run from.

My concern is whether or not I need to contact Microsoft Support in regard to the digital license? I am only partially through the installation of windows 10 currently.

The computer itself is second hand and came to me with windows 10 already installed so I am not sure if the original owner used the free Windows 10 upgrade when it was available or if they bought an upgrade from the Microsoft store.

:)

Lei Corre, May 16, 2020

2. Reinstallation of Windows 10 after HARD DRIVE change

I did free upgrade of my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and it is activated with a digital license linked to my account . But now I'm facing hard drive issue and I will need to
    change hard drive . So after changing hard drive and installing Windows 10 again is it going to activate by itself since it is digitally licensed or is there any other procedure for installing windows 10 after hard drive change . Help me ASAP

YashMulkalwar, May 16, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Digital License after Hard Drive Change?

Can't activate with digital license

Hi, I installed a new hard drive in my PC and can't activate my Windows 10 installation via Digital License.

I downloaded the Windows 10 installation tool and made a USB installation drive, and installed it on my new hard drive.

Logged into my account, and it won't recognize my digital license on my account for some reason.

I popped in my old hard drive to assure I do in-fact have a digital license, and sure enough it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".

I chose the "I made hardware changes to this device recently" option, and chose the device I'm using, but it still says unable to activate.

I installed Windows 10 Home, the version my digital license is registered with.

I have no idea what to do at this point, please help.

Ben Montoya, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Digital License after Hard Drive Change?

1. Windows 10 Digital License after Hard Drive Change? - Similar Threads - Digital License Hard

2. Digital Windows License Activation Failure After Hard Drive Change ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital Windows License Activation Failure After Hard Drive Change ...: Hi all, My father in-law switched over to console gaming and subsequently gave me his W10 system running an AMD Threadripper 1950X; yes, he's a pretty cool dude and I'm one grateful son-in-law. I promptly installed my own nvme m.2 in February and windows installed itself with...
  3. Digital Windows License Activation Failure After Hard Drive Change ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital Windows License Activation Failure After Hard Drive Change ...: Hi all, My father in-law switched over to console gaming and subsequently gave me his W10 system running an AMD Threadripper 1950X; yes, he's a pretty cool dude and I'm one grateful son-in-law. I promptly installed my own nvme m.2 in February and windows installed itself with...
  4. Digital Windows License Activation Failure After Hard Drive Change ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. changed windows digital license

changed windows digital license: my windows digital license changed after I forgot my log in password and giving my laptop to someone to fix it .I had an active windows 10 pro and now I have a deactivated windows 10 pro with windows 10 home license installed on my computer .this is the error : we found a...
  6. changed windows digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changed windows digital license: my windows digital license changed after I forgot my log in password and giving my laptop to someone to fix it .I had an active windows 10 pro and now I have a deactivated windows 10 pro with windows 10 home license installed on my computer .this is the error : we found a...
  7. changed windows digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 after hard drive change

Windows 10 after hard drive change: Hi - my dog jumped on me as I watched a movie last night and knocked my laptop off and it stopped working...said could not find hard drive and we could hear hard drive clicking. We had an old laptop from years ago where the power just stopped working, so my husband swapped...
  9. Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change

Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change: I was under the impression that having linked your Microsoft account with your old hardware to have the digital license linked you could activate windows 10 on the new hardware, was I wrong? I don't have my windows 7 key anymore since i got that from my school a while ago but...
  10. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...