Windows 10: Windows 10 Digital License after upgrade the edition

Discus and support Windows 10 Digital License after upgrade the edition in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so i want to ask a question. If you already have a Windows 10 digital license that linked to microsoft account, and then upgrade the edition of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KentzoAr, Aug 24, 2020.

1. KentzoAr Win User

Windows 10 Digital License after upgrade the edition

Hi, so i want to ask a question. If you already have a Windows 10 digital license that linked to microsoft account, and then upgrade the edition of Windows 10 example from home to pro, the digital license will change? Or deleted?

:)

KentzoAr, Aug 24, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Aug 24, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Digital License after upgrade the edition

Andre Da Costa, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Digital License after upgrade the edition

1. Windows 10 Digital License after upgrade the edition - Similar Threads - Digital License upgrade

2. How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?: I'm planning on upgrading almost all of my parts in the PC. I've checked that my license is digital and the prompt Slmgr /dli shows that the license is retail. The question is: how do I transfer this license? Do I need to remove the current device from my Microsoft account or...
  3. How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?: I'm planning on upgrading almost all of my parts in the PC. I've checked that my license is digital and the prompt Slmgr /dli shows that the license is retail. The question is: how do I transfer this license? Do I need to remove the current device from my Microsoft account or...
  4. How to transfer a Windows 10 digital license after an upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OS Upgrade with Digital License

OS Upgrade with Digital License: Hi, I'm looking for some information regarding the Digital License tied to the UEFI on a Dell Computer. My company accidentally purchased a few Dell PC's with Windows 10 Home on them 20 to be exact and we need to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro, create a master image and then...
  6. Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade

Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade: I recently installed a new motherboard for my computer as I needed to upgrade my CPU. I heard that if I linked my windows 10 license to my Microsoft account I would be able to reactivate after a hardware change. I tried to reactivate but the troubleshooter kept giving me...
  7. Swapping Editions with Digital Licenses

Swapping Editions with Digital Licenses: I currently have two devices running Windows 10. One uses the Home edition, and the other has Pro. I would like to swap the editions around. I originally received the product keys with the devices, but they are reasonably old (Originally Windows 7). I no longer have the...
  8. Window 10 upgrade digital license?

Window 10 upgrade digital license?: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my windows 7 PC to windows 10 HOME . I have been browsing the store and I cant seem to find a software copy/license key. I only want to purchase the product key via online (I don't want to buy a hard copy and have it delivered to me). Can I...
  9. Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.: So im trying to upgrade my windows 10 home edition, wich i got via the free upgrade period a couple years back. I upgraded from Windows 7. However, im aware that i now have a digital license, so everytime im trying to change my Product key to my newly bought Windows 10 pro...
  10. Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to obtain the digital license for Window 10 upgrade?: I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade sometime ago. Now the system asking for activation of the Windows 10. I do not have the digital license . Please help....