Windows 10: Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change

Discus and support Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my computers motherboard and SSD under the assumption that with a windows 10 pro digital license I'd be able to move the license to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lethoz, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Lethoz Win User

Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change

I recently upgraded my computers motherboard and SSD under the assumption that with a windows 10 pro digital license I'd be able to move the license to my new SSD and mobo via my windows account which it was attached to however it's telling me I have no digital license and I'm pretty befuddled any help here?

:)

Lethoz, Jul 6, 2018

2. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

Hi,

I recently was able to reactivate my Windows 10 digital license on new (only on similar, same type laptop to laptop) hardware, by linking my Microsoft account. I followed the steps mentoned in

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

I find that the old hardware, still has an activated digital license of Windows.

I need to uninstall the digital license from the old hardware, in such a way that it will not activate, on its own, and will not invalidate the digital license on my new hardware, at all.

Please advice me, as I would like to transfer my digital license to my new hardware, completely, and permanently. I require my old hardware to not be having the digital license, at all, and the digital license to be completely deleted from it.

Vikram S Ramani, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Unable retrieve my digital license for windows 10 after hardware change

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change

Link my digital license to more than one Microsoft account

Hi,

About your queries, kindly see the answers below:

• Digital license key can only be link to one Microsoft account.
    • Logging out your Microsoft account will unlink your digital license key. Once your digital license key is associated with your Microsoft account, you may

reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change
    • Anything that's related to your digital license.

Don’t hesitate to inform us if you have any other concerns.

Regile Reb, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change

1. Windows 10 Digital license key hardware change - Similar Threads - Digital license key

2. Digital license not detected after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license not detected after changing hardware: After changing motherboard, I tried reactivating Windows but getting error due to server not available. After successful reactivation, I did a system restore to an earlier time because of a driver issue then my Windows got deactivated again. Now I cannot reactivate as my...
  3. Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...: Hello MS Community,I built my PC in 2015 and purchased Windows 8. Since then, I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and reset my PC once. When I sign into my Microsoft account I can clearly see my PC under my devices with Windows 10 Enterprise as the listed OS.Here is what I...
  4. Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...: Hello MS Community,I built my PC in 2015 and purchased Windows 8. Since then, I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and reset my PC once. When I sign into my Microsoft account I can clearly see my PC under my devices with Windows 10 Enterprise as the listed OS.Here is what I...
  5. Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Hardware Change and Missing Digital License

Hardware Change and Missing Digital License: Hi there I purchased Windows 8 Pro in 2015 and used this to get the free Windows 10 upgrade. For the last five years Windows would always tell me that I had a digital license if I went into activation options under the settings panel. On my Microsoft account my PC would show...
  7. Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change

Windows 10 reactivation with digital license after hardware change: I was under the impression that having linked your Microsoft account with your old hardware to have the digital license linked you could activate windows 10 on the new hardware, was I wrong? I don't have my windows 7 key anymore since i got that from my school a while ago but...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change: Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro from Home. I purchased the digital license through the Microsoft store. Immediately following the installation windows would not activate. There has been no hardware change and I am getting error code 0x803F7001....
  9. Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.

Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.: Basics, my Hard drive died and I had to do a fresh install of Windows, signed in with my Mircosoft account but windows won't activate. Tried the 'Assistant' gave me a call back option, Talk to an Agent "There was an error connecting you. Feel free to ask another question or...
  10. Windows Digital License after a change of hardware

Windows Digital License after a change of hardware: Hello! Today i built a new PC where i basicly scrapped everything but my old SSD. To make sure i could use the same windows in the new build, i connected my windows license to my new account. Now in the new build i can't activate my windows account. When i troubleshoot the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. y11c haier windows not activated