Windows 10: Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I had windows 7 pre-installed on my laptop and then had free upgrade to windows 10. I had used my old Microsoft account for activation and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KeyurBhatt09, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account

Hello,

I had windows 7 pre-installed on my laptop and then had free upgrade to windows 10.

I had used my old Microsoft account for activation and my windows 10 license is linked to that account.

Is it possible to transfer my digital license to my new Microsoft account? My laptop will remain the same.

Thank you.

:)

KeyurBhatt09, Dec 20, 2018

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Dec 20, 2018
  3. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital license".

all i know about digital license is that it is connected to a Microsoft account. But this laptop i bought doesn't have Microsoft account in it, only local account/Administrator (i know it from Settings > account).

So the question is if i login to my Microsoft account (from the Activation > Add Microsoft account), will the digital license 'transfered' to my Microsoft account??? Or is it gonna be stuck forever on the local account???

Sorry for this silly question, im totally new with this digital license scheme.

august.watt, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account

key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital "

Yes.

Yes. Signing in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, the password is always that of Microsoft account.

Yes. Digital license of a Windows 10 PC can only be attached to one MS account at any given time.

Yes.

Please notice that license transfer and management can be confusing if you do not use descriptive computer names.

By default Windows names a PC with DESKTOP-XXXXXXX where XXXXXXX is a random 7 character alphanumeric string. Naming your PC before assigning license to a Microsoft account helps you to identify your computers and digital licenses when transferring licenses.

Here's how to name a PC when installing Windows 10:

6L1pl1VoGNs
    (Video from thread Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums! Solved - Windows 10 Forums)

To give a descriptive name later, see this tutorial: Change Computer Name in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Thema:

Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account

1. Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account - Similar Threads - digital license transfer

2. How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...: Hey, I recently purchased a laptop which came with "Windows 11 Home and Student". During the initial boot and setup of windows 11 on that new machine, I was asked to sign in to a Microsoft account which I later came to know was for the Digital license to link to the account....
  3. How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...: Hey, I recently purchased a laptop which came with "Windows 11 Home and Student". During the initial boot and setup of windows 11 on that new machine, I was asked to sign in to a Microsoft account which I later came to know was for the Digital license to link to the account....
  4. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  5. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  6. Can I transfer a Windows 10 digital license from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer a Windows 10 digital license from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft...: I have a digital retail copy of Windows 10 Professional 64bit which is currently linked to my old Hotmail account I've had for decades. Due to an ever increasing amount of spam I get I'm wanting to completely close that Hotmail account and open a new one. The problem is my...
  7. Two digital license into one microsoft account?

Two digital license into one microsoft account?: Hello, I've been wondering if it is alright to link another digital license into a microsoft account that has already a digital license linked into it? I hope someone knows something about this. Thank you!...
  8. Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account: I have an almost 8 Year old laptop that originally didn't come with an OS. So, I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and purchased a digital license seperately. The 3rd Gen i3 Processor still somewhat holds up and can do all the basic tasks (including playing videos in 4K without...
  9. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer to a different Microsoft account

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer to a different Microsoft account: I used my personal account for a work computer. Is there a way to create a new Microsoft account and transfer this digital license to new Microsoft account if we ever need to reimage?...
  10. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?: So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital license". all i know about digital license is that it is connected to a Microsoft account. But this laptop i bought doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 digital license transfer account

2. transfer windows digital license to new microsoft account