Windows 10: Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC

Discus and support Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account. In a couple of days I will get a new PC. I'd like to transfer my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by itgoespowpow, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC

Hello! I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account. In a couple of days I will get a new PC. I'd like to transfer my digital license from this PC to the one I will get. Is this possible? And if it is, how exactly can I do that?

:)

itgoespowpow, Jun 12, 2019

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC

1. Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC - Similar Threads - digital license transfer

2. Windows 10 digital license - transfer to new disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 digital license - transfer to new disk: Hello everyone. Originally I bought Windows 8.1 and installed it on PC A. I then did the free upgrade to Windows 10. Eventually I transferred the SSD from PC A to a new PC - PC B. I was required to re-enter the product/activation key and had to click the 'Change product...
  3. Windows digital license on new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows digital license on new PC: Hello. I had a Windows 8 laptop and when Windows 10 came out, I updated for free which means I got a digital activation license for my Microsoft Account. After I got a PC though, I cannot use that license. Is this how it works or am I running into a problem?...
  4. Digital license won't transfer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license won't transfer.: Built a new pc and trying to activate my windows on it. Read that uninstalling the product key on my old pc will free up my license to be used to activate windows on my new pc, however it did not work and I am unable to activate. It says that I don't have a license. Same...
  5. Transferring a digital license

Transferring a digital license: I had an old laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded that laptop to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. This old laptop does not boot up or work anymore. I have a new laptop now that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to transfer the...
  6. Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.: Hello, i got a free upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop when Microsoft first announced it. That was a few years ago. I got a new PC last year and the shop i got it from had already Windows pre-installed on the device. As i discovered, it was a pirated license. It started...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...
  8. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: I have been reading a few of the older threads but thought it might be better to open a new thread. My desktop was running retail Windows 7 Pro and upgraded to Windows 10. It received a new key and the 7 key was no longer valid. Last night I did a clean Windows 10 install on...
  9. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: Hello, I am having trouble transferring my Windows 10 license from my old laptop to my new PC. My laptop came with Windows 8 Home installed, but I later purchased the retail version of Windows 8 Pro, and then also upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. I used...
  10. Digital License transfer to a new pc

Digital License transfer to a new pc: Greetings, I want to transfer my Windows 10 digital license to a new laptop which has shipped with pre-installed MS DOS. My old laptop had shipped with pre-installed Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to Windows 10 Home (single language) using the free offer available during that...