Windows 10: Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting

Discus and support Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Motherboard is the same. Previously I had Windows 10 on a virtual machine, and the digital license worked in that case, however - recently, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sadasdasdasda1, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting

The Motherboard is the same. Previously I had Windows 10 on a virtual machine, and the digital license worked in that case, however - recently, I've decided to dual boot Linux and Windows 10, and everything seems to work correctly except for the fact that the digital license for Windows 10 doesn't seem to be activating even after troubleshooting. I suspect that the problem is with the virtual machine but I already deleted it from VirtualBox and removed the device from my Microsoft Account. Could also be that the problem is that I'm still using the same motherboard but in that case, shouldn't Windows detect the digital license?

:)

sadasdasdasda1, Jan 3, 2021

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 activation with a digital license

I have a Windows 10 image that I use to install windows 10 on machines that already have digital license, but for some reason I can't seem to be able activating the new installs from that image on those machines! I followed some of the troubleshooting steps
    on the MS KB but in vain. Any help?

Thanks

Nabil Alsaeedi, Jan 3, 2021
  4. pbcopter Win User

Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting

Digital Entitlement applicable for upgraded motherboard?

From the troubleshooter you referenced.

"If you’re signed in using the correct Microsoft account, here are some additional reasons why you can’t reactivate Windows

• The type of device you’re activating doesn’t match the type of device you linked to your digital license.
    • Windows was never activated on your device"

pbcopter, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting

1. Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Digital License won't

2. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  3. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  4. Digital license for Windows 10 Pro won't allow activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license for Windows 10 Pro won't allow activation.: Hey,I bought a copy of Windows 8 Pro back around 2015, and upgraded to 10 Pro when free upgrades were being rolled out.I've recently upgraded my computer, went to reactivate my windows install and found that I can't.I hit troubleshoot, select "I've made recent hardware...
  5. Digital license for Windows 10 Pro won't allow activation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital license for Windows 10 Pro won't allow activation.: Hey,I bought a copy of Windows 8 Pro back around 2015, and upgraded to 10 Pro when free upgrades were being rolled out.I've recently upgraded my computer, went to reactivate my windows install and found that I can't.I hit troubleshoot, select "I've made recent hardware...
  6. Digital license for Windows 10 Pro won't allow activation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Digital License won't re-activate after a Reformat - Error: 0xC004F213

Windows 10 Digital License won't re-activate after a Reformat - Error: 0xC004F213: Hi! As the title says - The reason I reformatted my C: SSD hard drive was because after a restart it booted me into this recovery page right after BIOS check. I got to choose between reformat, rollback recovery, repair etc, so I could not access my computer anymore so a...
  8. Windows 10 Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License Activation: So i have assigned a digital license on my Microsoft 365 account and logged in using the account on my Windows 10 users, still i have a trial period count down. Please help....
  9. Digital License not activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital License not activating Windows 10: I've recently built a new PC and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on it. I've reinstalled my Windows on several PCs before and it's never been an issue, it's always activated itself. I have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account, and I am logged in on this PC...
  10. Windows 10 Digital license Activation

Windows 10 Digital license Activation: I recently upgraded my pc New Mother board and CPU at tech shop. I had an old SSD in the PC from an old laptop that was given to me. SSD had a copy of Win 10 on it. I only used it as a data storage device. Not the main HDD Tech Shop set up SSD as Main Boot disk. I have...