Windows 10: Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware

Discus and support Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Howdy! So I just got a new macbook pro with bootcamp. On my old macbook pro with bootcamp i purchased windows 10 home digitaly, and it is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bodilolino, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware

Howdy!

So I just got a new macbook pro with bootcamp.

On my old macbook pro with bootcamp i purchased windows 10 home digitaly, and it is now supposed to be linked to my account.

However I cant get it to activate on my new macbook.

I get Error code 0xC004F213

I have done the troubleshooting things several times with no luck, and tried microsofts customer service bots, driving me to madness.

When I click on my windows 10 home order in order history, it takes me to a 404 site, I dont know if this is related.

Thanks in advance for any help if you know whats wrong or have similar experiences!

:)

Bodilolino, Jan 31, 2020

2. Uninstall (delete, remove) the Windows 10 digital license from old hardware, after reactivating it on new (similar) hardware, after hardware change

Hi,

I recently was able to reactivate my Windows 10 digital license on new (only on similar, same type laptop to laptop) hardware, by linking my Microsoft account. I followed the steps mentoned in

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

I find that the old hardware, still has an activated digital license of Windows.

I need to uninstall the digital license from the old hardware, in such a way that it will not activate, on its own, and will not invalidate the digital license on my new hardware, at all.

Please advice me, as I would like to transfer my digital license to my new hardware, completely, and permanently. I require my old hardware to not be having the digital license, at all, and the digital license to be completely deleted from it.

Vikram S Ramani, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Windows wont activate on new computer with my digital license.

The hdd from the old computer activates in the new computer. But when I go to boot from the ssd it does not. I already know I can activate my license since I have had several motherboards and hard drives on this digital license. But just this new ssd wont
    activate. Even though the hard drive does activate windows on the exact same computer.

BrianCasey4, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Jguo65 Win User

Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need
    to activate windows. I was under the assumption that the digital license I had would follow my account, so when I would log in it would activate windows but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Do I need to deactivate the digital license on the previous motherboard/SSD first before I can reactivate on my new hardware? That is the only other explanation I could think of as to why this isn't working, but I don't want to deactivate my digital license
    on my old hardware only to have this issue persist on my current new hardware. Could I get confirmation? And if so, can I also get steps on how to properly dissociate my digital license from the old hardware before I can use it for my new hardware?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware

1. Windows 10 digital license wont activate on new hardware - Similar Threads - digital license wont

2. Activating windows 10 with digital license on different hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows 10 with digital license on different hardware: Hi all, I have a new PC built, and I am trying to activate windows 10 Pro using the digital license from my old Laptop. My laptop had Windows 10 Home OEM, and I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows Store. I tried contacting Microsoft Support by phone 3 times on...
  3. Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license

Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license: Hi, I bought a digital license in February 2018. After I changed my hardware once, a year ago, i've never managed to reactivate my license on this hardware. Maybe I did something wrong myself. I paid the 280 Swiss Francs for a digital license, because I know I change...
  4. Windows wont activate on new computer with my digital license.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wont activate on new computer with my digital license.: How do I activate my windows with the digital license on my account? Troubleshoot does not fix this either. The license activates with the hdd but not with the ssd. I need it to activate with the ssd....
  5. Activate Windows 10 using Digital License after Hardware Change

Activate Windows 10 using Digital License after Hardware Change: Hello! I'm attempting to reactivate Windows 10 using a digital license tied to my account. When I use the troubleshooter, and select that I've changed hardware, and select my device, it states "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I get the feeling...
  6. Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.

Hardware change. Windows activation digital license.: Basics, my Hard drive died and I had to do a fresh install of Windows, signed in with my Mircosoft account but windows won't activate. Tried the 'Assistant' gave me a call back option, Talk to an Agent "There was an error connecting you. Feel free to ask another question or...
  7. Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license

Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license: I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and cannot activate Windows. Before this upgrade my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. I am logged in to my Microsoft account right now, but the troubleshooter is "Unable to activate Windows" when I select my current...
  8. Activation of windows 10 on new computer by Digital License

Activation of windows 10 on new computer by Digital License: Hello, I just build a new pc with windows 10 home(not activate yet) and trying to transfer windows 10 pro from my old pc by digital license method, however when I use the problem solving function to activate it, it said that the version do not match and not usable, what...
  9. Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.: Hello, i got a free upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop when Microsoft first announced it. That was a few years ago. I got a new PC last year and the shop i got it from had already Windows pre-installed on the device. As i discovered, it was a pirated license. It started...
  10. Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation

Windows 10 wont detect new hardware for Activation: I recently swapped to a new motherboard. When I booted into Windows I noticed my copy wasn't activated. When I went to the activation Troubleshooter to change the hardware it was activated on, I noticed it wasn't detecting my new hardware. My old Motherboard was by MSI, my...