Windows 10: Windows 10 dilemmas

Discus and support Windows 10 dilemmas in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello pals. Have to make clear a few dilemmas that I have these days about my Windows 10 installation that I made. To be more clear about the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StefanIvanovski, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 dilemmas

Hello pals. Have to make clear a few dilemmas that I have these days about my Windows 10 installation that I made. To be more clear about the following text, I'm not a pc expert or sth, I just do the best I know. So I had already Windows 10 installed on my laptop before, but due to large amount of viruses lately I had to make a new install. I reinstalled it three times due to some issues, the first time with the Windows 10 setup that I downloaded two or three years ago when this OS appeared, and it was all great but than few days later appeared some bugs, to be more precise, the PC couldn't start and asked me to restart it again and again until I reinstalled it for a second time with the Refresh Windows Tool, but now it was very slow and the whole interface was a bit different before, I wasn't satisfied at all so I finally made a clean install for a third time again, now with the troubleshoot tool and made a clean install clearing all the drives and deleted permanently everything that had on my pc before. Now it's all great and it's best from all the tree installations that I've made before. So now, I can't explain myself a few things since I'm not an expert, nothing special but just of curiosity:

- All the tree times the same OS was installed on my laptop, Windows 10 pro. Same company same software. The first and the third time the PC was very fast and smooth, but the second time it was very slow. Why and how is that possible?

- The first and the third time the Windows 10 personalization was same as before the installations (orange color). The second time it came blue. Again, how can Windows remember my personalization settings these two times and once not?

- Why is my pc remembering my orange personalization even if I made a clean install? Is it because I logged into my account so the settings are saved there or something else?

- The second time the interface of the software was different, different organization of the taskbar (the clock was not in the right down edge but it came before the notification bar) , darker color of the right click list, different lock screen and stuff they stayed the same even after the new October 2018 update I've made even if some other changes were made. Again, since the same softwere is installed how it can be different?

- And last, after the third installation some old icons that I had on my pc before (after the first installation) appeared out of nowhere now. They came as soon as the One Drive was sync some files into my account and I didn't even asked for that, so I suspect that there is some connection with the One Drive. How the heck these icons appeared just like that? Are there even more in the C or D drives or just the desktop? I really cannot explain this.

So guys that will be all, any info is welcomed. It's nothing serious again but I'm really curios and maybe will collect some more experience for future. Thank you in advance.

:)

StefanIvanovski, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 dilemmas

Delta6326, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 dilemmas

1. Windows 10 dilemmas - Similar Threads - dilemmas

2. Touch Keyboard dilemma

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard dilemma: HiI often use the Touch Keyboard on Windows 10 for typing in accents for foreign words and for currency symbols. My problem is this: When I am trying to input the pound sign £ for British currency, I click on &123 and the $ sign, but the pound sign isn't one of the...
  3. Touch Keyboard dilemma

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Keyboard dilemma: HiI often use the Touch Keyboard on Windows 10 for typing in accents for foreign words and for currency symbols. My problem is this: When I am trying to input the pound sign £ for British currency, I click on &123 and the $ sign, but the pound sign isn't one of the...
  4. Touch Keyboard dilemma

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Locked out for 30 days. Verification Dilemma

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out for 30 days. Verification Dilemma: Hello and thank you for any help you can give to rescue my laptop from being a brick for the next 30 daysI bought a new laptop Lenovo i7 with Windows 11 and in setting it up I chose to use my thumbprint to unlock the computer. It also had me sign into my Microsoft account....
  6. Locked out for 30 days. Verification Dilemma

Locked out for 30 days. Verification Dilemma: Hello and thank you for any help you can give to rescue my laptop from being a brick for the next 30 daysI bought a new laptop Lenovo i7 with Windows 11 and in setting it up I chose to use my thumbprint to unlock the computer. It also had me sign into my Microsoft account....
  7. Verification Dilemma

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification Dilemma: Hello and thank you for any help you can give to rescue my laptop from being a brick for the next 30 daysI bought a new laptop Lenovo i7 with Windows 11 and in setting it up I chose to use my thumbprint to unlock the computer. It also had me sign into my Microsoft account....
  8. Verification Dilemma

Verification Dilemma: Hello and thank you for any help you can give to rescue my laptop from being a brick for the next 30 daysI bought a new laptop Lenovo i7 with Windows 11 and in setting it up I chose to use my thumbprint to unlock the computer. It also had me sign into my Microsoft account....
  9. Installed Apps dilemma

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Apps dilemma: Hello all. I found an old game on a 20+ year old hard drive. I copied the game folder to my current computer Program Files x86 folder in Windows 11. I'm able to run it just fine, but I need to install a patch for it. The patch file fails because it can't locate the game. I'm...
  10. Installed Apps dilemma

Installed Apps dilemma: Hello all. I found an old game on a 20+ year old hard drive. I copied the game folder to my current computer Program Files x86 folder in Windows 11. I'm able to run it just fine, but I need to install a patch for it. The patch file fails because it can't locate the game. I'm...