Windows 10: Windows 10 dimming on its own

Discus and support Windows 10 dimming on its own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my laptop for photo editing and have calibrated the display with brightness set at 32. My problem is that the display dims after some time at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kaj E, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Kaj E Win User

Windows 10 dimming on its own

I use my laptop for photo editing and have calibrated the display with brightness set at 32.

My problem is that the display dims after some time at its own going from 16 then 8 , 4 and eventually 0. This cause the calibration to be off. I would like the brightness to stay at 32 after I have calibrated the display.

Please help me find a solution.

Kind regards

Kaj

:)

Kaj E, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 dimming on its own

Dim screen Win 10?

Have read the blogs. Windows 10 needs to make it EASY for people to dim their screen. This is my 3rd Toshiba laptop and it was easy to adjust the screen on all 3 including this one, until windows 10. Will buy a new laptop without Win 10 before I'll go
    through all the steps to dim screen in win 10 that is listed in the blogs I've read. I did stall an APP that helped but screen still hurts my eyes and creates a headache. Anybody have an EASY answer. It was so easy to work with DOS and windows 3.1. It's been
    a pain for a lot of people ever since they came up with the REGISTRY. Thanks people.

RandyFilion, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 dimming on its own

1. Windows 10 dimming on its own - Similar Threads - dimming own

2. Phone Link screen on Windows is dimmed and has low brightness that cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link screen on Windows is dimmed and has low brightness that cannot be adjusted: I'm running Phone Link on my Win11 laptop to my Samsung Galaxy S24U this problem has existed across all of my older phones. When I view the phone's screen on Windows, the brightness is really low/dimmed significantly such that it's hard to see what's being displayed. It does...
  3. Phone Link screen on Windows is dimmed and has low brightness that cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link screen on Windows is dimmed and has low brightness that cannot be adjusted: I'm running Phone Link on my Win11 laptop to my Samsung Galaxy S24U this problem has existed across all of my older phones. When I view the phone's screen on Windows, the brightness is really low/dimmed significantly such that it's hard to see what's being displayed. It does...
  4. Dim screen brightness below lowest setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dim screen brightness below lowest setting: I got a new desktop PC last September and it's really nice except for one thing, and that's the brightness of the screen.I always have it dimmed to the lowest setting because it's SO BRIGHT!I USED to have it on night light, which helped a LOT thanks computer designers, but...
  5. Dim screen brightness below lowest setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dim screen brightness below lowest setting: I got a new desktop PC last September and it's really nice except for one thing, and that's the brightness of the screen.I always have it dimmed to the lowest setting because it's SO BRIGHT!I USED to have it on night light, which helped a LOT thanks computer designers, but...
  6. My screen display would brighten or dim on its own. How do I turn this option off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen display would brighten or dim on its own. How do I turn this option off?: I dont want my screen of my laptop to automatically dim or brighten on its own. I checked the display settings under Brightness and Color. There is no option for "Automatic brightness". I already updated my drivers to the latest. So, I came here to ask for your support. Is...
  7. windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?: hi, i have googled and worked on this for weeks. sometimes windows seem to just brighten and dim all on their own. its usually just browser windows or the desktop, games and programs never seem to do it. it especially seems to do it on pages with alot of whitespace. its not...
  8. Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions?: Does anyone have a fix for-Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming-on-its-own-elitebook-windows-10/c5ff65a8-31f3-488b-bc1d-0834b67f18b0
  9. Brightness dimming on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness dimming on its own: It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all...
  10. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...