Windows 10: Windows 10 - Disable Internet, allow Intranet

Discus and support Windows 10 - Disable Internet, allow Intranet in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a quick question. As in the title, I need to disable a public computer so that the Internet is disabled for select users, and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChTw, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ChTw Win User

Windows 10 - Disable Internet, allow Intranet

Hello,

I have a quick question. As in the title, I need to disable a public computer so that the Internet is disabled for select users, and the intranet access is left alone. All other accounts must remain unaffected. I know that there are similar questions to this, but the difference between those and this question is that I am unable to deal with the firewall, disabling through the GPO affects too little, and outright changing the proxy settings or disabling the adapters affects all the users on the computer. I know back in windows 7, it was possible to create separate network profiles for each user. I need something like that for this machine. Is there a method that will allow me to achieve this? There will be multiple users, both admins and not, using this machine. The admin accounts and most of the standard accounts must be unaffected.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

New CU for Anniversary Update. Brings system to 14393.726

KB 3216755 (January 26)

Pretty important update. Brings lots of fixes and installs without issues.

Download:

x64 [1.02 GB]

x86 [562 MB]

Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986—Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the conversion of a 24-bit image to 32 bits.
    • Addressed issue that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511 or 1607.
    • Addressed issue that causes a file download from a webpage to fail in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone when the Intranet Sites: Include all sites that bypass the proxy server (Disabled) is set.
    • Addressed issue where an XSS false positive prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
    • Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a network
    • Addressed issue that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to fail if Active Directory Federated Systems is using the Japanese language set
    • Addressed issue that causes System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) scenarios to fail
    • Addressed issue that prevents user-built keyboard events from working.
    • Addressed issue that causes incorrect table dimensions in SAP® applications
    • Addressed issue that overwrites a <br>element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
    • Improved reliability of Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Skype
    • Addressed additional issues with Bluetooth, Internet Explorer, engaged reboot, clustering, Internet Explorer, Japanese Input Method Editor (IME), Windows Shell. Networking, storage, fonts, Xbox, encryption, Group Policy, Point and Print, wireless networking, virtual disk, disk operations, multimedia, Work Folders, encryption, enterprise security, deduplication, domain controllers, Audit File System, Debug Memory Manager, Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS), Remote Desktop, Task Scheduler, Microphone Wizard, .NET, font cache, system boot, and Surface Studio

Drone, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Disable Internet, allow Intranet

Media Cloud on Intranet

Hi, I'm working with my old High school where my folks work. The school is a boarding school with like 10,000 acres. What I'm explaining here is the relative size of the campus. The school wants to setup a cloud network for streaming media. The idea is for the cloud server to connect to the internet and cache everything for the Intranet. The thin client things ( unsure what to call them ) need to be located in each room and they need a touch screen and controller to let users select the media they wish to view (Netflix, blockbuster, youtube, local media, Facebook, etc.) and the Cloud server would Cache everything and allow the Intranet to view it all fluidly. (on command) The intranet is Fiber. It has Wireless as well. They want Linux and either a Custom build machine/interface or a pre-built machine that fits the purpose of Internet and Media on the Intranet. Again, the idea is that the Cloud server will be the main link to the Net. I have included a Mind Map image of the Idea.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Disable Internet, allow Intranet

1. Windows 10 - Disable Internet, allow Intranet - Similar Threads - Disable Internet allow

2. Enable or Disable Allow wake timers on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Allow wake timers on Windows 10: If your computer is waking up from Sleep automatically, there is a chance that the Allow wake timers option is enabled. If you want to disable or turn off Allow wake timers on Windows 10, here is a step-by-step guide that will be helpful. Even if you put your computer on...
  3. Windows 10 Won't Allow Me To Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Won't Allow Me To Disable Touchpad: Hi. I got this computer as an early Christmas present about a year and a half ago. I'm only sixteen so this is my first personal computer that isn't a school assigned chromebook. I wanted to disable my touchpad as it gets in the way and I prefer using a USB mouse. When I...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Disables Internet By Itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Laptop Disables Internet By Itself: Hello, I am posting because my laptop running Windows 10 keeps disabling the internet on its own. I have a great wifi signal and my router works fine. My other devices are connected just fine. For some reason, the laptop stops recognizing any connection. If I try to...
  5. messanging app for intranet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    messanging app for intranet: Any messaging app you can suggest me to use on intranet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messanging-app-for-intranet/c10f39d1-85ce-46d6-a4d2-5e9fa343ebf6
  6. Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad: Hi, recently I searched how to disable tapping and so far nothing worked. On the Windows' settings app I could not find any "Disable" options anywhere. I also tried to go to the Registry Editor but there was no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" or similar directory....
  7. File sharing problem in the Intranet

File sharing problem in the Intranet: We have a shared folder in the Intranet. And most of us can access it without any problem. But some of the people just can't access it. The run \\10.*.*.* in Run and there comes the error message. Seems it's trying to find the link on local PC. [ATTACH] And I also tried...
  8. Network and Intranet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Network and Intranet: I am connected to a private network. When I view the available networks to connect to there is a Xfinity network in the list that has an ! point on it and does not list a secured or not and if I click on it I get a warning that it is not a secured network. Is this my wifi...
  9. Windows 10 Pro doesn't allow to disconnect the Internet

Windows 10 Pro doesn't allow to disconnect the Internet: Windows 10 Pro doesn't allow to disconnect the Internet on the monitor. I tried to disconnect from the Task bar > Internet access > my name. But even when I am connected, the button shows <Connect> and not <Disconnect>. I turned off the Wi-Fi button at the bottom on the...
  10. Windows 10 Home not connecting to intranet WSUS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home not connecting to intranet WSUS: Anyone know if the Windows Update client for Windows 10 Home is limited in any way compared to Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7? The usual 3 registry keys: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate] "WUServer"="http://<intranetserver>"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow home intranet windows 10

2. window ten intranet browsing slow

3. allow intranet but disable internet on pc