Windows 10: Windows 10, disable large application icon on most recently used file list

Discus and support Windows 10, disable large application icon on most recently used file list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows update "Windows 10 version 1809 x64 2019-06C" (which I think is KB4023057) was recently automatically installed onto my machine. If I now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _djm, Jun 22, 2019.

1. _djm Win User

Windows 10, disable large application icon on most recently used file list

The Windows update "Windows 10 version 1809 x64 2019-06C" (which I think is KB4023057) was recently automatically installed onto my machine. If I now open a program from the start menu, whereas before I would just see a list of recently opened files related to the application, now there is a horrendously large and pointless application icon showing above the list of files. Refer to the screenshot below.

How do I disable this large icon from being displayed and get the recently opened files list showing how it used to show before the update was installed?

Windows 10, disable large application icon on most recently used file list 6493e403-438b-4513-91f7-805e317a54db?upload=true.png

Thank you.

David

:)

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Jun 22, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 22, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10, disable large application icon on most recently used file list - Similar Threads - disable large application

2. Recent update can't have large icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update can't have large icons in file explorer: In the last update my file explorer no longer has the option to have large icons in the file explorer. How do I get this back. Specifically under recent the current size of the files are difficult to see. Thanks in advance...
  3. Recent update can't have large icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update can't have large icons in file explorer: In the last update my file explorer no longer has the option to have large icons in the file explorer. How do I get this back. Specifically under recent the current size of the files are difficult to see. Thanks in advance...
  4. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents: I had been advised to repost this question under the Windows category to hopefully get the proper support. Original discussion here:...
  5. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents: I had been advised to repost this question under the Windows category to hopefully get the proper support. Original discussion here:...
  6. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't copy from Win10 taskbar icon's recently used file list?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy from Win10 taskbar icon's recently used file list?: Just noticed that in Win10 I don't have the option to copy a file from a taskbar icon's most recently used list, whereas I could in Win7. For Example, let's say you have Word pinned to the taskbar. I recently created a doc called HeyThere.doc. When I right click on the...
  8. Recent List on right clicking icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent List on right clicking icon: I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions but in all the reply I have not seen a solution to my issue. When I right click in any applications icon (Word, Excel< etc..) it does not show recently opened files like it was before. I do have the toggle for that option...
  9. windows 10 most used app list

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 most used app list: Hello Guys, Is it possible to increase the most used app list in the new Windows 10 Start Menu? Thanks Tony 25145
  10. More items to Most used list

in Windows 10 Support
    More items to Most used list: Hey guys! I am trying to figure out how I can have more than 6 items to the most used list in the Start Menu. I have seen screenshots with more but can't find out where to do that in the options... Soooo... here I am. *Biggrin It's not a big deal so if it's not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 x64 2019-06C

2. feature update to windows 10 version 1803 x64 2019-06c - error 0x80070002

3. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 x64 2019-06C (2)