Windows 10: Windows 10 - Disable screen saver on battery

Discus and support Windows 10 - Disable screen saver on battery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been looking through the power settings, screen saver settings, and searching online for any 3rd party utilities, but can't seem to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BUL2294, Dec 11, 2018.

1. BUL2294 Win User

Windows 10 - Disable screen saver on battery

I have been looking through the power settings, screen saver settings, and searching online for any 3rd party utilities, but can't seem to find a solution.. Is there some way for a screen saver to be enabled only when plugged-in?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803. I have some screen savers that I like, but they eat up CPU cycles. While plugged-in, this is not a problem. When on battery, however, this is a problem...

I figured this option might exist within Windows 10 advanced power profile settings, but I see many obsolete Windows 7 options (e.g. Internet Explorer, Desktop background slide show), and nothing related to screen savers.

Or does anyone know of a 3rd party utility, Powershell script, group policy setting, etc. that I could use to enable this? If not, this would be a good option to add to the power profiles in a future version of Win10... Thanks!

:)

BUL2294, Dec 11, 2018
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 "Bubbles" Screen Saver

Hi guy's,

On Windows 7 the screen saver didn't go to a black screen but it showed the desktop. Not getting that with Windows 10. Whats the deal? Have GTX750Ti

rk3066, Dec 12, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Thank you for the information. There are several ways on how to turn On or Off battery saver in Windows 10. We suggest trying the steps below and check If it will work for you:

Method 1:

• Open the Action Center (Windows key +
      A
      ).
    • Click on the Battery saver action button to toggle it On or Off.

Method 2:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and turn On or Off the
      Battery saver status until next charge
      option.
    • Close Settings once done.

Method 3:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and check the “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:”.
    • Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.
    • Check or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver option if you want.
    • Close Settings once done.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

screen saver

Hi Kenneth,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your Screen Saver concern. Kindly answer the following:

• How did you disable wake up password?
    • Are you seeing the log-in screen when waking up the computer from sleep?
    • How did you set up the Screen Saver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you did it.

Argel Obm, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Disable screen saver on battery - Similar Threads - Disable screen saver

2. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  3. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  4. How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10: One of the things that we can not take for granted is our battery life. If you are using a Windows 10 laptop, you may want to use Battery Saver to extend the battery life of your computer. In this article, we are going to see some easy methods to enable or disable Battery...
  5. screen saver disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver disabled: I've checked many times screen saver and power settings; screen saver is set to start at 4 minutes idle, and screen is set to turn off at 10 minutes idle while on battery and 15 when connected. I've also tried to check if there is any program that prevents screen saver to...
  6. Battery saver.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery saver.: My battery is very low at 5% so I want to save my battery. I try turning batter save on but it don't allow me to. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/ca42be6b-d143-46d4-8c2e-21afe2a0764b
  7. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Saver: Battery Saver key is not working . I have to click manually the key to work the battery saver mode going in the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/6bafe265-02de-4495-ad69-684894396698
  8. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Saver: I got a laptop yesterday Lenovo Yoga C740 and one thing I noticed was it had a little timer that told you how much time you can use the computer before it dies, but the issue is that it is always displaying that I only have very little time to use it. I wanted to know if it...
  9. battery saver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery saver: after i updated to the 2004 version,clicking the battery saver button from the taskbar is not possible. Clicking it shows no effect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/cc50970c-1896-4211-8624-1f53d6b527d2
  10. Disable OneDrive Pauses In Battery Saver Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable OneDrive Pauses In Battery Saver Mode: OneDrive keeps pausing automatically every time I am running in battery save mode and I have to keep enabling it manually. How do I disable this annoying setting?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on battery screensaver

2. sony turn off battery saver in bios

3. does a wiindows 10 screen saver decrease battery power

4. disable touch screen battery saver,
  5. disable screen saver when on battery windows,
  6. stop screen saver when on battery