Windows 10: Windows 10 - Disable Windows Hello - Registry / GPEDIT not working

Discus and support Windows 10 - Disable Windows Hello - Registry / GPEDIT not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I do not want to even entertain the idea of using the PIN based login for Windows Hello, yet I am forced to create one.Brand new OOBE install of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ant Green, May 12, 2021.

1. Ant Green Win User

Windows 10 - Disable Windows Hello - Registry / GPEDIT not working

I do not want to even entertain the idea of using the PIN based login for Windows Hello, yet I am forced to create one.Brand new OOBE install of Windows 10 Enterprise, AzureAD login, and once all done you get the "Your organisation requires you to use a PIN", well my Office365/AzureAD setup isn't forcing Windows Hello, hell I don't even have Intune setup to force any policies like that.I have google'd and goodle'd to find an answer so that the PIN is FOREVER disabled.I have set the registry value from 1 to 0 - Didn't workI have set the "Turn on convenience PIN" to disabled - Didn't workPlease

:)

Ant Green, May 12, 2021
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 12, 2021
  3. erocker Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, May 12, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Disable Windows Hello - Registry / GPEDIT not working - Similar Threads - Disable Hello Registry

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  5. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  6. How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT: [ATTACH]In this article, we will show you how to disable the Windows Hello PIN prompt on Windows 10. Windows Hello is an alternative password option that is available only in Windows 10. You can use this password or PIN to sign in to different Microsoft applications and...
  7. I want to disable popup screens asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to disable popup screens asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...: OS - Windows 10 Home edition [ATTACH] error in my microsoft account [ATTACH] Signin Options - no option to remove hello , pin etc [ATTACH] No option to disable in computer policy [ATTACH] Cant sign in to office products and not getting updates [ATTACH] After...
  8. I want to disable popping windows asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to disable popping windows asking for Windows Hello. No option to disable in gpedit,...: OS - Windows 10 Home edition [ATTACH] error in my microsoft account [ATTACH] Signin Options - no option to remove hello , pin etc [ATTACH] No option to disable in computer policy [ATTACH] Cant sign in to office products and not getting updates [ATTACH] After...
  9. Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit.

in Windows 10 Support
    Correct Choice to Disable Windows Error Reporting in gpedit.: Hello all, In gpedit, I see two locations to deal with Windows Error Reporting. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting: Disable Windows Error Reporting and Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >...
  10. how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit: is there anyway to permanently disable clipboard or copy and paste in windows 10, best thing ifound was stopper and prevent and there easy to bypass is there anything i can do in gpedit or the registry to disable it permanently 111885