Windows 10: Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off

Discus and support Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 monitors in use with several windows each. Sometimes i switch one off as i don't need it (watch a movie on one). What happens: windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zian92, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Zian92 Win User

Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off

Hi,

I have 2 monitors in use with several windows each. Sometimes i switch one off as i don't need it (watch a movie on one). What happens:
    windows thinks I disconnected the monitor and disables it and moves all windows to the last monitor. I don't want that behaviour as I will turn it on again and see everything how i left it.

How to turn off this? It is so annoying.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Zian92, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off

1. Windows 10 disables moitor that is switched off - Similar Threads - disables moitor switched

2. Windows 10 bluetooth on/off switch missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 bluetooth on/off switch missing: Ever since I restarted my computer a few days ago, my Windows 10 device hasn't had an on/off switch to enable Bluetooth. I have seen a similar question on the community forum, which was made in 2015, and no answers on that helped. I have updated my drivers, I have switched...
  3. Windows 10 bluetooth on/off switch missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 bluetooth on/off switch missing: Ever since I restarted my computer a few days ago, my Windows 10 device hasn't had an on/off switch to enable Bluetooth. I have seen a similar question on the community forum, which was made in 2015, and no answers on that helped. I have updated my drivers, I have switched...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop switches off randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Laptop switches off randomly: So uh I'm facing this particular problem where my laptop just switches off that's right no shutting down signal just directly OFF with a beep sound. When I use my laptop with a charger it works fine but when I'm using it on battery it switches off after an hour or more, can...
  5. switching off S mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching off S mode in windows 10: Hi all, my recently bought HP pavillion notebook had preinstalled windows 10 home S. Now when i try to change S mode, am not able to do it . please advice...
  6. Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?: In the words of u/24luej My Windows 10 installation (Ver. 1903) keeps changing the default audio output device from my internal soundcards' headphones out to another one when a sound device is plugged in or connected, like my bluetooth headphones. This is fairly annoying as...
  7. Moitor does not fill with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moitor does not fill with windows 10: After installing windows 10 on my laptop, windows fails to fill my screen and i just dont know how to go about it. some help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moitor-does-not-fill-with-windows-10/c93f8503-01a3-44ee-b30c-ab2ab8bb0b68
  8. ON/OFF SWITCHES

ON/OFF SWITCHES: When making settings, there are often "switches" in an oval shaped box. For example: - Automatically download updates is showing a clear background; the switch is in the L.H. side of the oval, and there is an 'off' at the side of the oval. Am I correct in assuming that this...
  9. Switching off "Focused" in windows 10

Switching off "Focused" in windows 10: If i switch off "Focused" in windows 10 where will all my existing emails be shown ? Will I loose any of my existing emails -- that currently reflect in "Focused" ?...
  10. touchscreen disabled when screen switches off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchscreen disabled when screen switches off: In win7 and win8.1, i could set the screen of my tablet (Lenovo Miix3) to switch off after 3 min (not sleep, just switch off the screen). Tapping the touchscreen would bring it immediately to life again. With win10, this does not happen. I need to click the on/off button...