Windows 10: Windows 10 disables my screensaver automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 disables my screensaver automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've set a screen saver a little time ago, but I had to set is every time when I restarted my laptop. I jumped into the settings and discovered that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ferdi Mercury, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 disables my screensaver automatically

I've set a screen saver a little time ago, but I had to set is every time when I restarted my laptop. I jumped into the settings and discovered that Windows automatically disables my screen saver. My power plan is on best performance.

Windows 10 disables my screensaver automatically [​IMG]

I really like my screen saver but this is annoying *Rolleyes

:)

Ferdi Mercury, Aug 25, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows 10 disables my screensaver automatically :)

terrace, Aug 25, 2019
  3. How to disable WCG screensaver?

Does anyone know how to disable the screensaver?

BUCK NASTY, Aug 25, 2019
  4. DwayneM Win User

Windows 10 disables my screensaver automatically

Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts

My laptop does not sleep automatically...ever when connected to the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse with the laptop closed and connected to a Monitor. Here are my Power & sleep settings:

Also, no matter how long I leave my system untouched, the screensaver never starts. Here are those settings:

Any suggestions? I am under the assumption that resolving one issue would resolve both.

Here is the output of powercfg /lastwake, powercfg /requests, and powercfg /waketimers

The listed waketimer presumably is required by Acronis backup as I have a backup scheduled at 4am daily.

DwayneM, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 disables my screensaver automatically

1. Windows 10 disables my screensaver automatically - Similar Threads - disables screensaver automatically

2. Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.: Hi, I have Windows 11. My PC was set where Microsoft would change my screensaver automatically and I would vote whether I liked an image or not. It disappeared. I really want it back. How can I do this? I don't want wallpaper, just my screensaver to change image like before....
  3. Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mircrosoft screensaver change automatically.: Hi, I have Windows 11. My PC was set where Mircrosoft would change my screensavers automatically and I would vote whether I liked an image or not. It disappeared. I really want it back. How can I do this? I don't want wallpaper, just my screensaver to change image like...
  4. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  5. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  6. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...
  8. Screensaver does not start automatically

Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...
  9. Screensaver does not start automatically

10. Windows 10 keeps disabling my screensaver on its own

Windows 10 keeps disabling my screensaver on its own: Windows 10 keeps automatically disabling my screensaver and setting it to "none". About once a week, I find that my screensaver that I made with InstantStorm does not activate after five minutes has passed. I then check my screensaver settings and found that my screensaver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler windows 10 run .scr