Windows 10: Windows 10 disabling CalDigit TS3 + Ethernet Port until first log in.

Discus and support Windows 10 disabling CalDigit TS3 + Ethernet Port until first log in. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, So I am working on a Desktop to Laptop conversion for a group. We are using Dell Latitude 7400 with a CalDigit TS3+ Dock (Via Thunderbolt 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SKasai, Oct 30, 2019.

1. SKasai Win User

Windows 10 disabling CalDigit TS3 + Ethernet Port until first log in.

Hello,

So I am working on a Desktop to Laptop conversion for a group. We are using Dell Latitude 7400 with a CalDigit TS3+ Dock (Via Thunderbolt 3 connection).

What I have noticed, when I was trying to setup the laptop for Domain use, was that the laptop itself does not see the Ethernet on the CalDigit TS3+ Dock on startup.

The dock is working, as I can move the cursor across the screens, however, in the lower right hand corner, it does not seem to see the Ethernet of the Dock.

Now, if I log on to the laptop with a local account, the Dock's Ethernet port becomes active and is working. Log out, it is still active.

If I reboot the machine, the ethernet port is active for a moment, but then is disabled just as Windows 10 comes up. Windows 10 briefly flashes that it looked for an ethernet port, but then acts like it can't see it.

I made sure that the Thunderbolt 3 drivers are installed as well as the Thunderbolt 3 connectivity app is on. I even went so far as disabling the Thunderbolt 3 Security so it should allow all peripherals on there to work, but looking at the dock, I see that the monitors work and the Digital Audio port lights up, but not the Ethernet and it will only light up once I log into the laptop.

Is there setting I am overlooking that may cause this behavior?

:)

SKasai, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Tomel Win User

Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop

Virgually all the information I see regarding the CalDigit TS3 Plus Docking Station refers to how it's used with a laptop. Connecting the Thunderbolt 3 (T3) / Computer port on the Dock to a T3 port on a laptop allows the Dock to charge the laptop and also serves as a data connection.

Obviously, a desktop would not employ the charging function of this dock. Does the Dock T3 / Computer port recognize that what it's attached to does not need to be charged and act as a data connection only? I have no experience using Docks like the CalDigit and no experience using T3 connectivity. I certainly don't want the Docking station to try to charge the desktop and do damage to the desktop port or desktop internals. I've looked for answers to this specific question and can find none.

Can anybody fill me in?

Thanks.

Tomel, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Jakl Win User
    Ethernet port not blinking...

possibly your ethernet port has died...

Unless if you format/reinstall windows , and see if that way... but overall, physically take a look at the motherboard in the computer, and see if any capacitor's top's have blown open or even have a bump on them (the tops of the capacitors should be flat) . If any indication that happens, then your mobo is eventually gonna die.

Other than that, u went through all other steps that are very known..

**My Friends system not to long ago has the exact same issue, and there were caps blown, but only the ethernet didnt work

4. Windows 10 disabling CalDigit TS3 + Ethernet Port until first log in.

Windows 10: ethernet adapter problem (HooToo)

Dear Community,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 13, and am using a HooToo HT-UE01 USB Hub / ethernet adapter to connect to the internet through the USB 3 port of the laptop. Since my Windows 10 upgrade, the ethernet capability has stopped functioning properly (the USB ports are fine).
    If the laptop ever sleeps and is reactivated, or if the laptop is shut down and rebooted, then the ethernet adapter stops working.

When this happens the ethernet adapter vanishes from the Device Manager. To solve the problem I have to disable the USB port (which, strangely, doesn't disable the devices plugged into that port), then enable it, which makes the ethernet adapter appear in
    the Device Manager. Then I have to disable and enable the ethernet adapter, and the problem is solved.

Of course, I do not want to have to do this every time my laptop reactivates, and I had no problem on Windows 8.1.

I have taken the following steps so far with no luck:

• Uninstalled and updated the driver for the HooToo UE01 (Windows 8.1 driver is the most up to date available).
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver of the USB 3.0 port from Lenovo.
    • Just in case, uninstalled and reinstalled the RealTek wifi adapter drivers from Lenovo, in case there was cross talk.

Kind Regards,

James

JamesMillen, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 disabling CalDigit TS3 + Ethernet Port until first log in.

1. Windows 10 disabling CalDigit TS3 + Ethernet Port until first log in. - Similar Threads - disabling CalDigit TS3

2. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  3. ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ETHERNET PORT AND NETWORK: Hi I bought from the market USB Ethernet Adapter Version QTS1081B no 9700 and it has CD for driver installationhence may laptop has no CD drive so where can i download applicable driver from?...
  4. VPN fails after sleep/wake on Windows 10 until Ethernet device is disabled/enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN fails after sleep/wake on Windows 10 until Ethernet device is disabled/enabled: Win10 21H2 19044.1741. Using Global Protect VPN 5.2.11-10. Fully patched, up to date.After a recent ISO image recovery install, my VPN refuses to connect after my laptop wakes up from sleep. If I disable and reenable the Ethernet device under network connections, everything...
  5. VPN fails after sleep/wake on Windows 10 until Ethernet device is disabled/enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN fails after sleep/wake on Windows 10 until Ethernet device is disabled/enabled: Win10 21H2 19044.1741. Using Global Protect VPN 5.2.11-10. Fully patched, up to date.After a recent ISO image recovery install, my VPN refuses to connect after my laptop wakes up from sleep. If I disable and reenable the Ethernet device under network connections, everything...
  6. VPN fails after sleep/wake on Windows 10 until Ethernet device is disabled/enabled

7. Ethernet Port Issues

Ethernet Port Issues: I am having troubles with my ethernet port not connecting to my router. The router shows that it is sending data to the ethernet port, but when I run the troubleshooting, it is saying "Ethernet 2 doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". I haven't messed with my config and...
  8. USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working on CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 Mini-Dock with HDMI: Good day all, I have two Windows 10 laptops, a mid-2019 Razer Blade 15" base model, and a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" running Boot Camp. I am having issues with the USB ports on a CalDigit ThunderBolt 3 mini-dock with dual HDMI on both computers. When I have the mini-dock plugged...
  9. Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Caldigit TS3 Plus Docking Station with a Desktop: Virgually all the information I see regarding the CalDigit TS3 Plus Docking Station refers to how it's used with a laptop. Connecting the Thunderbolt 3 (T3) / Computer port on the Dock to a T3 port on a laptop allows the Dock to charge the laptop and also serves as a data...
  10. Windows 10 disabling Ethernet

Windows 10 disabling Ethernet: On July 4th 2019 Widows 10 downloaded and installed an update. It then disabled my motherboard Ethernet adapter. Windows diagnostics showed the adapter was disabled. It enabled it and network connectivity was enabled... for about an hour. The process started again, but to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caldigit ts3 plus all usb ports stopped working reddit

2. caldigit ts3 plus windows drivers