Windows 10: Windows 10 disabling Ethernet

Discus and support Windows 10 disabling Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On July 4th 2019 Widows 10 downloaded and installed an update. It then disabled my motherboard Ethernet adapter. Windows diagnostics showed the adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Z06Corbeta, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 disabling Ethernet

On July 4th 2019 Widows 10 downloaded and installed an update. It then disabled my motherboard Ethernet adapter. Windows diagnostics showed the adapter was disabled. It enabled it and network connectivity was enabled... for about an hour. The process started again, but to a point that the enable function simply hung the computer. I tried enabling and enabling the devise, but Windows simply hung. I tried to restart the computer, but it hung on restart. I had to power cycle to start Windows. It came up with the network disabled. Running diagnostics was pretty much useless, it also hung. I updated the driver for the Qualcom Atheros 8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet connector with the same results. I finally took it to my friends computer repair shop since I felt I have reached my skill level. He tried the same things with the same results. After a long conversation we decide that maybe the Ethernet adapter was going bad, so he installed a new separate Ethernet card (TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express card) and the network started to work. It lasted 24 hours and with exactly the same results as described above. So it has to be a Windows problem deposited on my computer on the 4th of July. When the computer is up the device manager shows both cards. I tried to disable the Qualcom card and the computer hung.

:)

Z06Corbeta, Jul 13, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Windows 10 disabling Ethernet install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Windows 10 disabling Ethernet pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Windows 10 disabling Ethernet select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Windows 10 disabling Ethernet Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2019
  4. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 disabling Ethernet

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 disabling Ethernet

1. Windows 10 disabling Ethernet - Similar Threads - disabling Ethernet

2. requirement to disable wifi when ethernet cable connected windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    requirement to disable wifi when ethernet cable connected windows 11: Hi Team, Is there any way to implement the GPO/Registry Key to disable wifi when connect LAN. Our requirement is that disable wifi when the device connected to LAN. Thanks in advance for your solutions. Thank you...
  3. requirement to disable wifi when ethernet cable connected windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    requirement to disable wifi when ethernet cable connected windows 11: Hi Team, Is there any way to implement the GPO/Registry Key to disable wifi when connect LAN. Our requirement is that disable wifi when the device connected to LAN. Thanks in advance for your solutions. Thank you...
  4. requirement to disable wifi when ethernet cable connected windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    requirement to disable wifi when ethernet cable connected windows 11: Hi Team,Is there any way to implement the GPO/Registry Key to disable wifi when connect LAN.Our requirement is that disable wifi when the device connected to LAN.Thanks in advance for your solutions.Thank you...
  5. requirement to disable wifi when ethernet cable connected windows 11

requirement to disable wifi when ethernet cable connected windows 11: Hi Team,Is there any way to implement the GPO/Registry Key to disable wifi when connect LAN.Our requirement is that disable wifi when the device connected to LAN.Thanks in advance for your solutions.Thank you...
  6. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64
  7. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64
  8. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP: My Ethernet disconnect “it’s not the wifi not working or something” basically my Ethernet disable at 9pm and turns back on at 7am. I would like to know if there’s way to solve this. This been daily for the past 2 weeks, and I have no idea how to fix it? Or why does it...
  10. Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP

Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP: My Ethernet disconnect “it’s not the wifi not working or something” basically my Ethernet disable at 9pm and turns back on at 7am. I would like to know if there’s way to solve this. This been daily for the past 2 weeks, and I have no idea how to fix it? Or why does it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable ethernet port windows 10 policy