Windows 10: Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s

Discus and support Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 started updating and after 10 hours it was still running. I switched off my computer, and on switching it back on I tried to launch the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GillianBond, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s

Windows 10 started updating and after 10 hours it was still running. I switched off my computer, and on switching it back on I tried to launch the update, I’m getting a message ‘Out if date’ and ms-settings:windowsupdate ‘Package could not be registered’.

The same problem when I try to access Lenovo support. ‘Package could not be registered’.

I am unable to access anything on my computer except the Task Manager.

Not being a very clever ‘techie’, if anyone can help please keep it as simple as possible! Thanks.

:)

GillianBond, Sep 7, 2018

2. Confusion over Lenovo G505s specs

Hi

I'm looking at the above laptop. But on saveonlaptops.co.uk they have two versions of the A10 model - one they market as having "dedicated graphics" in the Radeon card, one not.

1) 59394604, Lenovo G505s, 6159310 - Save on Laptops
    2) 59408360, Lenovo G505s, 6527148 - Save on Laptops

But is this right? They have the same processor, and an A10 is an APU, so they both surely have the Radeon. Likely to be a typo/misleading marketing on their part? I've e-mailed them but thought I'd float it here in case I'm missing something.

chumpington, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Confusion over Lenovo G505s specs

Lenovo Official UK Site | Laptops, Tablets, Desktop PCs, Data Center
    stereo speakers with Dolby® Advanced Audio™ v2, graphics card options up to the speedy AMD Radeon™ HD8570M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM, and optical disk drive options up to a Blu-ray Disc™ combo, the G405s/G505s offers stunning, stutter-free visuals and immersive sound for a fuller, more satisfying home entertainment experience

i think dedicated graphic that put there is better GPU

micropage7, Sep 7, 2018
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s

LaytonJnr, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s

1. Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s - Similar Threads - disappeared Lenovo G505s

2. Wifi and Bluetooth buttons Disappeared from lenovo yoga windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth buttons Disappeared from lenovo yoga windows 11 pc: My wifi and bluetooth button have abruptly disappeared from my windows 11 pc. I have tried to reset network settings, and roll back wifi drivers but all to no avail. Due to that I have not been able to access internet on my pc for a while now. Anyone to help me please?...
  3. Wifi and Bluetooth buttons Disappeared from lenovo yoga windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Bluetooth buttons Disappeared from lenovo yoga windows 11 pc: My wifi and bluetooth button have abruptly disappeared from my windows 11 pc. I have tried to reset network settings, and roll back wifi drivers but all to no avail. Due to that I have not been able to access internet on my pc for a while now. Anyone to help me please?...
  4. HID-compliant touch screen driver disappeared with update from Windows 10 to 11 on Lenovo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID-compliant touch screen driver disappeared with update from Windows 10 to 11 on Lenovo...: Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10Recently updated to Windows 11.HID-compliant touch screen driver disappeared and there does not seem to be a good fix that will work.Technician says I have to do factory reset and go back to windows 10 to get the driver to reinstall and then decline...
  5. HID-compliant touch screen driver disappeared with update from Windows 10 to 11 on Lenovo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID-compliant touch screen driver disappeared with update from Windows 10 to 11 on Lenovo...: Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10Recently updated to Windows 11.HID-compliant touch screen driver disappeared and there does not seem to be a good fix that will work.Technician says I have to do factory reset and go back to windows 10 to get the driver to reinstall and then decline...
  6. Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared: One day, I reset my fingerprint on my lenovo thinkbook 14s iwl and when I later checked, the option for signing in with a fingerprint was gone. The fingerprint option has completely disappeared on my laptop like it never existed. How can I fix this?...
  7. Kinect Disappear from windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kinect Disappear from windows 10: Hi everyone I hope you can help me. I use the kinect for work and it is used in detecting the size of objects. The problem is that every now and then the kinect is no longer recognized by windows and to restore it I have to restart the USB 3.0 controller. Sometimes,...
  8. Windows 10, Lenovo Ideapad 330S, SanDisk USB Cruzer 64GB Drive appears and disappears from...

Windows 10, Lenovo Ideapad 330S, SanDisk USB Cruzer 64GB Drive appears and disappears from...: About four days ago October 21, 2020, I plugged a SanDisk USB Cruzer 64GB Drive into Port 3. A few moments after the UBS drive was plugged in, an error message appeared in the lower right-hand corner of my screen: USB device malfunctioned and is not recognized. In the...
  9. Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10

Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10: Using Windows 10 with all updates. Yesterday I had Bluetooth, today I don't. The icon disappeared and it is gone from Device Manager listing. On Settings for Devices, the Bluetooth on/off button has disappeared....
  10. Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10

Bluetooth disappeared from Windows 10: I was working on a Word document, using my Bluetooth mouse with my laptop when suddenly, the mouse stopped working. I changed the batteries and tried to reconnect, but my Dell laptop says Bluetooth is turned off. There is no on/off button in the Control Center, nor any...