Windows 10: Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s

Discus and support Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 started updating and after 10 hours it was still running. I switched off my computer, and on switching it back on I tried to launch the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GillianBond, Sep 7, 2018.

1. GillianBond Win User

Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s

Windows 10 started updating and after 10 hours it was still running. I switched off my computer, and on switching it back on I tried to launch the update, I’m getting a message ‘Out if date’ and ms-settings:windowsupdate ‘Package could not be registered’.

The same problem when I try to access Lenovo support. ‘Package could not be registered’.

I am unable to access anything on my computer except the Task Manager.

Not being a very clever ‘techie’, if anyone can help please keep it as simple as possible! Thanks.

:)

GillianBond, Sep 7, 2018
  2. chumpington Win User

Confusion over Lenovo G505s specs

Hi

I'm looking at the above laptop. But on saveonlaptops.co.uk they have two versions of the A10 model - one they market as having "dedicated graphics" in the Radeon card, one not.

1) 59394604, Lenovo G505s, 6159310 - Save on Laptops
    2) 59408360, Lenovo G505s, 6527148 - Save on Laptops

But is this right? They have the same processor, and an A10 is an APU, so they both surely have the Radeon. Likely to be a typo/misleading marketing on their part? I've e-mailed them but thought I'd float it here in case I'm missing something.

chumpington, Sep 7, 2018
  3. micropage7 Win User
    Confusion over Lenovo G505s specs

Lenovo Official UK Site | Laptops, Tablets, Desktop PCs, Data Center
    stereo speakers with Dolby® Advanced Audio™ v2, graphics card options up to the speedy AMD Radeon™ HD8570M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM, and optical disk drive options up to a Blu-ray Disc™ combo, the G405s/G505s offers stunning, stutter-free visuals and immersive sound for a fuller, more satisfying home entertainment experience

i think dedicated graphic that put there is better GPU

micropage7, Sep 7, 2018
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

LaytonJnr, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 disappeared from Lenovo G505s - Similar Threads - disappeared Lenovo G505s

2. Text that disappears from menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Text that disappears from menus: Hey, I have a strange problem with text that disappears in all kinds of software I use. Sometimes it disappears completely and sometimes becomes strange symbols as in the picture attached. * I have Windows 10 on a stationary computer. I scanned for viruses and everything look...
  3. Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent issues with Bluetooth adapter disappearing from Windows 10: Bluetooth has disappeared from my system again. I've performed a number of rescue attempts (described below) to no avail, and searched through other posts to these forums to find a different solution. In the past when this happens, it usually occurs when updates are being...
  4. Printing from my Lenovo computer

Printing from my Lenovo computer: I cannot get my printer to work, since I bought my Lenovo computer My printer is HP C4480 Hazel Tipping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-from-my-lenovo-computer/cbd4c669-e871-4bbc-bed0-fec3a16519fe
  5. Windows Mail on Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 - contacts screen disappears into a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail on Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 - contacts screen disappears into a black screen: Ive used the default Windows 10 mail for a while but today tried to add a new contact. When I click on "Go to people", the screen appears but after 2 or 3 seconds, goes blank/black. I have reloaded, rebooted but to no effect. Settings does not allow me to uninstall the...
  6. SSD disappeared from system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD disappeared from system: My computer hasbeen experiencing freezes and crashes so I decided to reinstall windows. When running the windows installer from a USB, the installer came up with the dialogue "Windows could not format a partition on Disk 1". I googled solutions and according to a website...
  7. Windows 10 Lenovo Notebook bootloop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Lenovo Notebook bootloop?: Hey guys, about 2 weeks ago i turned my Lenovo YOGA 510-14AST (8 GB RAM) off by pressing the power off button. Since then my laptop is stuck in a bootloop. The Lenovo logo pops up and you can see the loading ring. 5 seconds later the Lenovo logo disappears but ring stays...
  8. Windows 10 Drive Disappear

Windows 10 Drive Disappear: When I log into Windows, I can see all of my drives: My boot SSD (C), my primary Storage (D), Secondary Storage (E), and DVD/CD RW (F). Around 10 or so minutes later, if even, the DVD drive disappears from "This PC" and anywhere else where you can access it (Disk...
  9. Lenovo Windows 10 Beta Drivers

Lenovo Windows 10 Beta Drivers: For those who are looking for lenovo drivers, you might want to check this beta list and check if it is compatible. Windows 10 Beta Drivers - Lenovo Support (US) 23852
  10. Windows 10 desktop disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop disappeared: Hello, I am new here and I have an HP ENVY 4 notebook PC (64-bit OS/x64-Based processor) and I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the only issue is that my screen is black with the cursor, so if I hit CTRL + ALT + DEL and open Task Manager and then run new task...