Windows 10: Windows 10 disappeared from my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 disappeared from my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have dual boot with Ubuntu as well. It was working for almost 2 years with no problem, until today. I just restarted my computer using windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OceanicCurve, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 disappeared from my computer

I have dual boot with Ubuntu as well. It was working for almost 2 years with no problem, until today. I just restarted my computer using windows 10 and then the GRUB didn't show for the first time ever.

I thought that it was a problem with GRUB, but lately I made it show and Windows 10 option wasn't there anymore. I looked my GRUB file in Ubuntu as I saw in a tutorial and there wasn't a menuentry for Windows 10.

I have no idea what could have possibly happened.

What should I do? It seems my Windows 10 disappeared. I can still see my windows files in ubuntu.

:)

OceanicCurve, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 disappeared from my computer

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 disappeared from my computer

1. Windows 10 disappeared from my computer - Similar Threads - disappeared computer

2. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  3. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  4. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  5. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  6. Corrupted recycle bin, pop up disappeared after I’ve restarted the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted recycle bin, pop up disappeared after I’ve restarted the computer: Hello, It might sound like a stupid question but I have recently turned on my computer and got the corrupted recycle bin pop up it’s windows 10. I have then booted the computer to the safe mode but haven’t troubleshooted or entered any commands but turned off, deciding to...
  7. Corrupted recycle bin, pop up disappeared after I’ve restarted the computer

Corrupted recycle bin, pop up disappeared after I’ve restarted the computer: Hello, It might sound like a stupid question but I have recently turned on my computer and got the corrupted recycle bin pop up it’s windows 10. I have then booted the computer to the safe mode but haven’t troubleshooted or entered any commands but turned off, deciding to...
  8. Corrupted recycle bin, pop up disappeared after I’ve restarted the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...
  10. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...