Windows 10: Windows 10 disappered with all my files after update

Discus and support Windows 10 disappered with all my files after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating windows 10 (October Update) all of my files have disappered along with Windows 10. I was only able to get into the computer screen to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StarKato, Dec 1, 2018.

1. StarKato Win User

Windows 10 disappered with all my files after update

After updating windows 10 (October Update) all of my files have disappered along with Windows 10. I was only able to get into the computer screen to type this by stumbling onto intel graphics support page using the task manager. now I'm stuck here.

:)

StarKato, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 1, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 disappered with all my files after update - Similar Threads - disappered files update

2. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10: In past years, the Windows keeps asking update, I might select update at night whenever. One morning this August 2022 my computer cannot start and it took forever to update and I could not use this computer. Tried two days and I had to reinstall Windows 10 update history show...
  3. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10: In past years, the Windows keeps asking update, I might select update at night whenever. One morning this August 2022 my computer cannot start and it took forever to update and I could not use this computer. Tried two days and I had to reinstall Windows 10 update history show...
  4. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. all icons disappered, only text visible, not even in files

in Windows 10 Customization
    all icons disappered, only text visible, not even in files: ive been using this computer for a year everything was fine until I started customizing my desktop. i messed around with stuff until I got to here:no shortcut icons, no powershell admin icons, custom app icons, and invisible names. taskbar icons are the weird icons.a bit of...
  6. All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.: After an Windows update last night I discovered that all my files on my C: drive were gone. At first I could not even log in on my account. Which is odd beacuse I don't use a password on my user profile since I am the only one using this computer. I restared the computer but...
  7. Disappering files in windows 10

Disappering files in windows 10: This week my PC has started to randomly lose/delete files. I haven't had this problem before and i'm stuck trying to work out what's going on. On Monday of this week 29th June found that i've lost all 3 different saves of the .obj file i was working on last opened on 23rd...
  8. Windows Defender Disappered? Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Disappered? Windows 10: Hello, So suddenly i do not see Windows Defender icon below, i tried to find it on setting and see its option, the setting is blank! nothing is here (Supposed to be an option to turn on Real time protection, scan setting....etc. right?) [ATTACH] And when i go to...
  9. After logging into Windows 10 my cursor disappers completely

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After logging into Windows 10 my cursor disappers completely: On the Windows 10 log in screen I have a functional cursor, but once I get into the main screen there is no cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-logging-into-windows-10-my-cursor-disappers/6424f253-dc9d-4be9-b393-04d9a8bc8ccf
  10. Disappering files.

Disappering files.: Widows keeps deleting files. I completed unhiding some files and that brought everythng back to normal. But, a few days later found one large folder (7.022 files, jn 665 folders) was missing. In another folder, 22 folders had been emptied (these before were hidden). Why is...