Windows 10: Windows 10 Disaster Recovery

Discus and support Windows 10 Disaster Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Let's say I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have a recent System Image backup plus some File History backups offsite. Sounds good. I have a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JediSQL, Apr 5, 2021.

1. JediSQL Win User

Windows 10 Disaster Recovery

Let's say I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have a recent System Image backup plus some File History backups offsite. Sounds good.
    I have a lot of "App" games that use only local storage for game save data.
    Then there is a fire, and my computer is destroyed.
    I buy an new computer, but it has different hardware, and, thus, different drivers than my original computer.
    How do I use my offsite backups I have to recover my state of being that includes my "App" game save data?
    If I restore all my stuff to the new computer from my backups, then I will overwrite all the correct drivers and license data.
    If I use only the File History backups, I will loose all my game save data.
    How do I backup App save data in a way it can be restored to a new computer????

Thanks in advance,

Dan

:)

JediSQL, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Windows 10 Disaster Recovery partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Disaster Recovery - Similar Threads - Disaster Recovery

2. Sticky keys on Windows 11 through Citrix remote sessions is a complete disaster.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky keys on Windows 11 through Citrix remote sessions is a complete disaster.: If I accidentally hold the shift key down too long sticky keys comes up in the remote session and no matter what I do, after that point I have to reboot my computer because the keyboad simply stops responding. It's happened more than once, I have to reboot the computer and...
  3. KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor: After installing KB5035853, massive performance drop for AMD 6800 processor. Microsoft must test their updates on both AMD and Intel and not just Intel before pushing updates onto their users. Some research indicated that this update already had issues weeks ago. After...
  4. KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor: After installing KB5035853, massive performance drop for AMD 6800 processor. Microsoft must test their updates on both AMD and Intel and not just Intel before pushing updates onto their users. Some research indicated that this update already had issues weeks ago. After...
  5. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery Is key disaster: So I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screenSo I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screen.Now I have 2 laptops and both of them. Are devices on my microsoft...
  6. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery Is key disaster: So I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screenSo I recently had to reinstall windows on my second laptop because of the new recovery key blue screen.Now I have 2 laptops and both of them. Are devices on my microsoft...
  7. Windows recovery Is key disaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disaster recovery plan for our Windows 10 PCs which use Google credential provider for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disaster recovery plan for our Windows 10 PCs which use Google credential provider for...: We have the following:- G-Suite Basic edition. 55 Windows 10 PCs. We install the Google credential provider for windows inside the Windows 10 machines. and we associate Google accounts with existing Windows profiles so now users are login to their PCs using their google...
  9. Have a cloned disk. Suggest additional disaster recovery methods

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Have a cloned disk. Suggest additional disaster recovery methods: I have a system with a 1:1 cloned disk, e.g. the 2TB Samsung 970 NVMe SSD is cloned to a 2TB samsung EVO 860 SATA disk and both are bootable. I run the clone process via Macrium Reflect 166403
  10. Installing Windows plan for disaster recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows plan for disaster recovery: I'm trying to create a disaster recovery plan for installing Windows to my laptop if I were to to start from scratch. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron and I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro v.2004. I have three accounts on my laptop, one of them is a Windows Administrator...