Windows 10: Windows 10 disconnecting from WIFI

Discus and support Windows 10 disconnecting from WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Last January I installed Windows 10 over my old Windows 7 on my Toshiba laptop. Since then my internet connection drops very frequently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jose&&&, May 4, 2020.

1. Jose&&& Win User

Windows 10 disconnecting from WIFI

Hi

Last January I installed Windows 10 over my old Windows 7 on my Toshiba laptop.

Since then my internet connection drops very frequently, although less at night.

My phone, my tablet and my partner's Mac have no problems.

I usually have to go to the internet connection, click disconnect and reconnect again. I may have to do it 10 to 20 times a day.

I have seen removing one update worked in a previous post, but it was from september 2019 and as I installed my Windows 10 in Juanuary 2020 I don't have that update.

What can I do?

Thanks

Jose

:)

Jose&&&, May 4, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, May 4, 2020
  3. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      Windows 10 disconnecting from WIFI [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, May 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 disconnecting from WIFI - Similar Threads - disconnecting WIFI

2. My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting.: Upon starting my laptop my WIFI rapidly connects and disconnects until I restart my computer. After restarting,my wifi works completely fine.Is there any fix to this? I've been encountering it for months now and I would just restart every time but now it's been starting to...
  3. My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting.: Upon starting my laptop my WIFI rapidly connects and disconnects until I restart my computer. After restarting,my wifi works completely fine.Is there any fix to this? I've been encountering it for months now and I would just restart every time but now it's been starting to...
  4. Why is the wifi getting disconnected again and again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the wifi getting disconnected again and again?: I'm using windows 11 for a long time. Suddenly my pc's wifi connection is getting disconnected every 2 seconds. I restarted the driver, restarted my pc, restarted the wan and wlan services but still the wifi still gets disconnected. When I restart the driver, the wifi gets...
  5. Why is the wifi getting disconnected again and again?

Why is the wifi getting disconnected again and again?: I'm using windows 11 for a long time. Suddenly my pc's wifi connection is getting disconnected every 2 seconds. I restarted the driver, restarted my pc, restarted the wan and wlan services but still the wifi still gets disconnected. When I restart the driver, the wifi gets...
  6. WiFi Randomly disconnects when downloading files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Randomly disconnects when downloading files.: It doesn’t matter the size of the file, what file, after a couple seconds of the download the WiFi signal gets weaker and weaker and then just disconnects. When attempting to reconnect it says “can’t connect to this network” or the list of WiFi connections is gone and just...
  7. WiFi Randomly disconnects when downloading files.

WiFi Randomly disconnects when downloading files.: It doesn’t matter the size of the file, what file, after a couple seconds of the download the WiFi signal gets weaker and weaker and then just disconnects. When attempting to reconnect it says “can’t connect to this network” or the list of WiFi connections is gone and just...
  8. WiFi Randomly disconnects when downloading files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi randomly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi randomly disconnecting.: Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the Wifi, then reconnecting after a couple minutes or until I manually reconnect it. All of my drivers are updated, ive reset the network and reconnected, ive also checked the power management on the adapters in device manager. Im...
  10. Wifi randomly disconnecting.

Wifi randomly disconnecting.: Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the Wifi, then reconnecting after a couple minutes or until I manually reconnect it. All of my drivers are updated, ive reset the network and reconnected, ive also checked the power management on the adapters in device manager. Im...