Windows 10: Windows 10 disk check

Discus and support Windows 10 disk check in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I've had disk issues for a while now and recently I just had a blue screen issue. So I ran a disk check in the command prompt admin to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sairam101, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 disk check

Hello

I've had disk issues for a while now and recently I just had a blue screen issue. So I ran a disk check in the command prompt admin to see if there was anything wrong. It took me a while and it finally got it done. But I can't make a sense of it and I really need help. I pasted the results below.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk

The type of the file system is NTFS.

Volume label is Acer.

WARNING! /F parameter not specified.

Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

1018112 file records processed.

File verification completed.

22399 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

61439 reparse records processed.

1286644 index entries processed.

Index verification completed.

0 unindexed files scanned.

0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

61439 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

Security descriptor verification completed.

134267 data files processed.

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...

35063744 USN bytes processed.

Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.

No further action is required.

975585279 KB total disk space.

336537332 KB in 787744 files.

396852 KB in 134268 indexes.

0 KB in bad sectors.

1160843 KB in use by the system.

65536 KB occupied by the log file.

637490252 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.

243896319 total allocation units on disk.

159372563 allocation units available on disk.

Any help would be really nice. I still feel like the issue exists but I can't reallly put a finger on it.

submitted by /u/sairam101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sairam101, Jun 3, 2020

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 disk check

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 disk check

1. Windows 10 disk check - Similar Threads - disk check

2. Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check: My friend, after an automatic disk check occurred, logged into his main account and explorer would not start. He could get into other applications via Task Manager, even Control Panel, but the shell itself would not start. The theme was also partly broken, like when you...
  3. Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check: My friend, after an automatic disk check occurred, logged into his main account and explorer would not start. He could get into other applications via Task Manager, even Control Panel, but the shell itself would not start. The theme was also partly broken, like when you...
  4. Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  6. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  7. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

8. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip: I have no idea why does this appear, whenever I just boot up my laptop, it just always give me this and the checking mostly takes 40 minutes, why and any way to stop this?...
  9. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip: I have no idea why does this appear, whenever I just boot up my laptop, it just always give me this and the checking mostly takes 40 minutes, why and any way to stop this?...
  10. Windows booting up - Check disk, press any keys to skip