Windows 10: Windows 10 Disk Cleanup

Discus and support Windows 10 Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I run the disk cleanup option, it suggests there is 1.421gb of data in downloads, but there is nothing there (including after switching on hidden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Walawuru, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Walawuru Win User

Windows 10 Disk Cleanup

When I run the disk cleanup option, it suggests there is 1.421gb of data in downloads, but there is nothing there (including after switching on hidden items) ????

I'm worried about what this means and if I choose delete, what will actually be deleted form where???

Here is a picture showing the situation:

Windows 10 Disk Cleanup 384b8eb7-05cc-4bbb-8834-162646ce5fa9?upload=true.jpg

Cheers

Phill

:)

Walawuru, Jul 21, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 21, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Disk Cleanup

Disk cleanup not working on Windows 10.

Hello David,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What is the exact error message you are getting?
    • Are you trying to delete the temporary files or system files using
      Disk cleanup
      ?

Disk cleanup is used to delete the un-wanted and un-necessary temporary files located in your PC. However you can also use Disk cleanup to delete system files on the PC, which is not recommended as it might cause system
    performance issues on the PC.

When performing Disk Cleanup, checking the appropriate options is necessary so you do not delete the restore points present in the system.

Refer to the steps from the link below on Disk cleanup in Windows 10 and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

If the issue persists, is suggest you to close all the system windows which is kept open on the desktop and check if the Disk cleanup method works.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Disk Cleanup

1. Windows 10 Disk Cleanup - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup

2. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  3. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files: Windows 10 - Disk cleanup will not delete Temp. Int or Thumbnail files no matter what I do. Did %temp%, scan now, all DISM's took forever, storage sense on, everything others recommend but nothing I do cleans up Temp. Int. or Thumbnails. What else can I do short of...
  4. Disk CleanUp doesn't clean up all files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will disk cleanup delete open tabs in browers ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will disk cleanup delete open tabs in browers ?: Will running disk cleanup delete open tabs in browsers, thankyou : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-disk-cleanup-delete-open-tabs-in-browers/3c9cfd77-74bf-4339-8670-7fd15daddd12
  6. Will disk cleanup delete open tabs in browers ?

Will disk cleanup delete open tabs in browers ?: Will running disk cleanup delete open tabs in browsers, thankyou : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-disk-cleanup-delete-open-tabs-in-browers/3c9cfd77-74bf-4339-8670-7fd15daddd12
  7. Will disk cleanup delete open tabs in browers ?

8. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up: Hey, I'm trying to clear my system files on my C drive because I'm running out of space. So I'm trying to use disk clean up, it says I can clear 8.6GB but it never clears. I'm running it in admin mode but I'm not sure what to do. I've also tried using the Microsoft app 'PC...
  9. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up: Hey, I'm trying to clear my system files on my C drive because I'm running out of space. So I'm trying to use disk clean up, it says I can clear 8.6GB but it never clears. I'm running it in admin mode but I'm not sure what to do. I've also tried using the Microsoft app 'PC...
  10. My 'Windows Update Cleanup' won't clear from my Disk Clean up

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i diskclean up what files will it delete