Windows 10: windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working

Discus and support windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryVikias, Nov 19, 2020.

1. windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working

windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working

:)

HarryVikias, Nov 19, 2020

2. disk defragmenting

Sign in to your Windows 10 computer with an administrator account. It is important to use an administrator account because standard account holders cannot defrag the hard disk drive.

Click the Start button.

From the left pane of the Start menu, click File Explorer.

On the opened window, from the navigation pane in the left, expand the This PC tree.

From the expanded list, right-click Local Disk (C: ) or any other partition on which Windows 10 is installed.

From the context menu, click Properties.

On the opened Local Disk (C: ) Properties box, go to the Tools tab.

From the displayed interface, under the Optimize and defragment drive section, click the Optimize button.

On the Optimize Drives box, from the displayed list, ensure that the system drive (C: in this example) is selected.

Click the Analyze button from below the list.

Wait until Windows completes the analysis and displays the percentage of the fragmented files in the selected drive.

Note: If there are no fragmented files in the drive, Windows displays a message box stating that the disk does not need to be defragmented.

After Windows completes the analysis, click the Optimize button to start the defragmentation process on the selected volume.

Wait until Windows defragments the drive successfully, restart the PC, and start using Windows 10 normally.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Disk D Defragment

I am having a problem with my Disk D. I analyze the disk, which don't work and then try to defrag the disk, but it only shows 2 % and that is it, can't defrag it. What do I need to do to defrag. Disk C is ok.

Wanda Esker, Nov 19, 2020
  4. windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working

I have to defragment local disk C every day. What can I do for resolving this problem.

Original Title: Fragmented Local Disk C.

I had Windows 7 before that every week had %2 fragmented local disk C. But, after that I have instelled Windows 10, I have %6 fragment disk every day.

I have to defragment local disk C every day. What can I do for resolving this problem.

Best wishes, Bijan

Bijan-911 and BijanRI, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working

1. windows 10 disk defragment in local disk 'c' is not working - Similar Threads - disk defragment local

2. Local Disk C full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk C full: 2 weeks ago, my laptop, running Windows 10 22H2, 8GB RAM, had local disk c with just 10GB of free space, out of 300GB. I uninstalled some softwares, three of which notably are huge, more than 60GB disk space MATLAB, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx and Ansys Electromagnetic Suite....
  3. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  4. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  5. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  6. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  7. Problem with local disk C:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with local disk C:: Hi guys,I have problem with local disk C:.I wanna defragment him but I did something wrong.Now when I wanna open local disk C: I cant.There is error "acces is deined.I cant run nothing and download.I cant restart computer idk why.I can click 1000 times but there is nothing.If...
  8. defrag disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    defrag disk: How do I run the disk defrag program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defrag-disk/b78f7054-39ca-4eae-824e-6be83cdfd2c4
  9. Windows 10 disk defrag not there.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 disk defrag not there.: I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and two SSD's. I wanted to setup defrag to run trim regularly but disk defrag does not seem to be installed. When I go to the tools of my SSD and click optimize nothing happens and the disk defrag service is not even installed. How can I resolve...
  10. Windows 10 disk defrag not there.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 disk defrag not there.: I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and two SSD's. I wanted to setup defrag to run trim regularly but disk defrag does not seem to be installed. When I go to the tools of my SSD and click optimize nothing happens and the disk defrag service is not even installed. How can I resolve...