Windows 10: Windows 10 Disk Partition

Discus and support Windows 10 Disk Partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 50 GB of unallocated space available on my device which in which i had Linux installed. I deleted Linux and was left with the unallocated space,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArchitGairola, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Disk Partition

I have 50 GB of unallocated space available on my device which in which i had Linux installed. I deleted Linux and was left with the unallocated space, I'm having problem with extending my existing volumes with that unallocated space. The disk management shows the error that there is no available space.

I have attached the photos regarding the same

Windows 10 Disk Partition 75b84b01-a975-4955-bb55-589538d4db77?upload=true.jpg Windows 10 Disk Partition 561b3cbc-7d68-4c83-9bc5-9874e26b9654?upload=true.jpg

:)

ArchitGairola, Aug 16, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Sudden automatic appearance of disk partition on Windows 10

Hi,

Please let us know, if you have made any changes prior to this issue.

I suggest you to remove the partition and check.

To delete an existing partition from Windows 10:

• Follow the instructions from step 1 to 5 from the above section.
    • From the right pane of the Disk Management section, right-click the volume (partition) that you want to delete.
    • From the context menu that appears, click Delete Volume.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Disk Partition

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 Disk Partition :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Disk Partition

1. Windows 10 Disk Partition - Similar Threads - Disk Partition

2. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk D: Partition Gone.: After our hardware maintenance, the Disk D: partition was gone. I tried rescanning from Disk Management and System restore but It wasn't able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d-partition-gone/2fb72bb6-e4ac-4374-826d-aa320a4850c4
  3. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk D: Partition Gone.: After our hardware maintenance, the Disk D: partition was gone. I tried rescanning from Disk Management and System restore but It wasn't able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d-partition-gone/2fb72bb6-e4ac-4374-826d-aa320a4850c4
  4. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  6. Disk partition missing on startup

Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  7. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partitions: My Dell laptop is showing me several 'Recovery' partitions in the Disk Management program. I am currently struggling with viruses on my laptop and I am wondering if malware is sitting in one of these partitions. They are listed as 'Recovery', but as you can see in the...
  9. Disk partitions

Disk partitions: My Dell laptop is showing me several 'Recovery' partitions in the Disk Management program. I am currently struggling with viruses on my laptop and I am wondering if malware is sitting in one of these partitions. They are listed as 'Recovery', but as you can see in the...
  10. Is it posible to stop an ESP partition in my C: drive to show as a local disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it posible to stop an ESP partition in my C: drive to show as a local disk?: Help, please.Currently using a home-built desktop PC; I cloned the old HDD system of the previous PC to an SS drive in the new PC and upgraded to Windows 11. After that I had not been able to make Windows 7 Backups.I have followed a lot of suggestions from these forums, but...