Windows 10: Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Discus and support Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop with an Intel Core i7 and a Radeon 8600/8700M graphics card. Yesterday, I noticed the brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cyclone2979, May 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Hello,

I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop with an Intel Core i7 and a Radeon 8600/8700M graphics card.

Yesterday, I noticed the brightness of the laptop screen was very dim when the laptop unplugged, but the screen was very bright when plugged in. I right clicked the desktop and selected “Display” to change the brightness setting, but the slidder for the screen brightness is missing.

I then downloaded the latest Windows updates and the newest drivers for the Radeon 8750M from the AMD website.

Afterwards, I opened the device manager and selected an updated the monitor to the latest driver and manually updated the display adapter driver to the latest one I had downloaded from AMD. When I restarted the computer, I still had the same problem.

I have tried both letting Windows automatically update to the latest drivers for the monitor and the display adapter in the device manager and have tried to manually select and install the latest drivers for both the monitor and display adapter in the device manager.

Could anyone help with this, as this problem makes my laptop practically unusable when it’s unplugged.

Thank you.

:)

Cyclone2979, May 1, 2019
  2. Yaoshi Win User

Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!

I,too, experienced the same phenomena with my Samsung Chronos 7. I tried something that I didn't see in your post. After completing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, I downloaded Samsung's SW Update .exe from their support site for my model. When I opened SW Update, it, in turn, downloaded several driver and utility software packages unique to my model. One by one, I installed them. Some were denied by Windows 10, but I installed those that were accepted. Then, I rebooted ... and I was amazed at the speed of the boot. There was not even a second between the Windows splash screen (which appeared for 2 seconds) and the sign-in window. Perhaps this will work for you, too. Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos :)

Yaoshi, May 1, 2019
  3. J00N1 Win User
    windows 10 upgrade on samsung series 7 chronos

Sorry for replying that late. I forgot about that thread. I tried it on my own and found several useful hints. To sum it up: Everything works fine and there is no reason to not upgrade the chronos 7 (I have Z700C5). I installed Win10 twice now and it became
    easier the second time. Compatibility problems have been solved and I did not need to use the compatibility mode for the samsung software anymore.

I installed Win10 and did everything after that.

• Download SWupdate tool as nealastiallar already pointed out.
    • You need Settings (for Fn-Keys and keyboard backlight) and Express Cache.
    • Install everything and do not wonder about Express Cache finding no volume. Restart.
    • Mount the SSD manually as the express cache with the manual. Start from step 3 and you need admin privileges for cmd:
    How to install ExpressCache on ASUS

For me it only worked with a running service so try to skip 10. In addition I used
    ECCmd -format # before step 11.

Hope that helps.

J00N1, May 1, 2019
  4. Martin BB Win User

Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Samsung Chronos 7 Garaphic problem

after the latest Windows 10 update on June 15, 2018 I figure the following problems:

- HDMI does not send signal anymore

- Brightness is not adjustable anymore

where do I find the correct driver ?

Samsung Chronos 7

NP770 Z5E S02

Intel HD Graphics 4000

(and shown in Manager: AMD Radeon R9 M200X)

Martin BB, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos

1. Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos - Similar Threads - display brightness slider

2. windows 10 display brightness slider mssing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 display brightness slider mssing: windows 10 display brightness slider mssing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-display-brightness-slider-mssing/e65f02eb-fc25-4216-922c-8b0bda60d260
  3. There is no brightness slider in Display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is no brightness slider in Display: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/8bkha21si4d61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=da451a5977cccc2a049d8d749e78ab2de7b9be0a submitted by /u/mikailiqmal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3h8co/there_is_no_brightness_slider_in_display/
  4. Brightness sliders are disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness sliders are disappeared: Why Brightness sliders are disappeared after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-sliders-are-disappeared/cfc3ada5-8908-4697-b612-6666cfd13101
  5. No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E): Hello The brightness controls no longer work on my Samsung laptop "Series 7 Ultrabook" - model: NP740U3E-S04UK Here is the web page for it: 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK But where are the drivers? [GRRR] I tried running Samsung...
  6. No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No brightness control for my Samsung Series 7 Ultra (NP740U3E): Hello The brightness controls no longer work on my Samsung laptop "Series 7 Ultrabook" - model: NP740U3E-S04UK Here is the web page for it: 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK But where are the drivers? [GRRR] I tried running Samsung...
  7. Brightness slider disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness slider disappeared: After the last Windows Update 1909, the brightness slider disappeared. I can't adjust the brightness! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-disappeared/beea502a-03a4-4093-af3d-7d74f5a917bd
  8. **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo...: Hello I just installed a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD into my Samsung Series 7 Chronos Model NP700Z5A ( NP700Z5A-S04US ). Ok, I am booting from a usb drive that has the windows iso image. I get through the whole install process and once the laptop restarts it takes me back to...
  9. Remove Extraneous Partitions on HDD Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Extraneous Partitions on HDD Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop: So I used the Windows 10 installation media to put the Windows 10 installation files on a flash drive, and the installed Windows 10 onto my Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop (it's old, it originally shipped with Windows 8; not 8.1, 8). After the installation, I went into the...
  10. Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!: I recently upgraded to Win 10 on my Samsung Series 7 Chronos note book. I went from a boot time of 15 seconds to a 3 min boot time on Windows 10. I already tried disabling non essential start up programs, defragged my HDD, activated hybrid power, and performed a deep virus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung series 7 chronos switching display

2. samsung series 7 chronos windows 10 brightness

3. windows 10 samsung tv brightness

4. brightness on 7 chronos,
  5. display brightness control slider is missing,
  6. samsung series 7 chronos display driver windows 10,
  7. samsung series 7 chronos windows 10,
  8. samsung chronos 7 windows 10 drivers,
  9. display brightness on adapter,
  10. where to find chronos after plugged in,
  11. amd radeon brightness slider missing,