Windows 10: Windows 10 display color depth stuck at 8-bit

Discus and support Windows 10 display color depth stuck at 8-bit in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I am having problems with my display on windows 10. I have Asus zenbook 14 and I have just bought it less than 2 years ago. I noticed a while ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaralHamedian, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Windows 10 display color depth stuck at 8-bit

Hi,I am having problems with my display on windows 10. I have Asus zenbook 14 and I have just bought it less than 2 years ago. I noticed a while ago, that the display image, appear grainy and are not as smooth as needed. So I checked the advanced display properties, I saw that the color depth is at 8-bit. When I tried to change it as in the second photo attached it seems that the changes are applied, but still remains at 8-bit on the advanced display settings window, and the image quality is still low. Moreover, I have an external Graphics card, Nvidia Geforce MX250, I have tried to manage t

:)

MaralHamedian, Jul 16, 2021

2. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Color Bit Depth is Stuck at 8 bit - Display adapter mode says 32 bit

Build 17.rs_prerelease677.180520-0940 is my current release. There was an update that failed and changes were rolled back.

In Settings:

Now in the Windows Display settings says "Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (recommended)"

Click on "Advanced Settings" Both monitors say "Bit depth: 8-bit"

Click "Display adapter properties (either monitor)"

AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Properties opens.

Click "List all modes"

"1920 by 1080, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz" is selected!

The Display, Desktop, Photos, Movies are in 8-bit 256 Color mode and look really bad!

How to fix this?

Windows has problems responding at times.

I rolled the Display driver back to a previous release... Had to reset the computer because it froze.

On reboot it is on the rolled-back driver level, but still wrong.

SwJohnson227, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 display color depth stuck at 8-bit

CCC display color depth setting (bpc)?

Why would CCC even have a "default" color depth vs detecting your display's color depth? Doesn't make sense. And as I stated, I'm willing to bet mine is just 8. Being IPS doesn't automatically mean a display is 10 bit.

As I also stated, I've seen posts from people saying they couldn't change it to 10 when CCC first had 10 support, because it was greyed out. I see 8, 10, and 12 options, and none of them are greyed out.

Frag Maniac, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 display color depth stuck at 8-bit

1. Windows 10 display color depth stuck at 8-bit - Similar Threads - display color depth

2. Windows auto reduces the bit depth to 8 bit for my 32 bit depth monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows auto reduces the bit depth to 8 bit for my 32 bit depth monitor.: As you can see from the above screenshots, Windows 10 reduces the color depth to 8 bits for my 32-bit depth monitor. I don't think or know if its going to make a difference at all but if it is there and it can work then why not use it?...
  3. Windows auto reduces the bit depth to 8 bit for my 32 bit depth monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows auto reduces the bit depth to 8 bit for my 32 bit depth monitor.: As you can see from the above screenshots, Windows 10 reduces the color depth to 8 bits for my 32-bit depth monitor. I don't think or know if its going to make a difference at all but if it is there and it can work then why not use it?...
  4. Windows auto reduces the bit depth to 8 bit for my 32 bit depth monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 stuck at 8 bit color depth with a pair of 24 bit monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck at 8 bit color depth with a pair of 24 bit monitors: Title says it all.Running Windows 11 on Virtualbox 6.1.28, dual monitors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-stuck-at-8-bit-color-depth-with-a-pair/c302d4a9-517a-444a-b909-77642f9e2eef
  6. Windows 11 stuck at 8 bit color depth with a pair of 24 bit monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck at 8 bit color depth with a pair of 24 bit monitors: Title says it all.Running Windows 11 on Virtualbox 6.1.28, dual monitors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-stuck-at-8-bit-color-depth-with-a-pair/c302d4a9-517a-444a-b909-77642f9e2eef
  7. screen color bit depth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen color bit depth: my screen resolution on my Toshiba laptop looks like old time 8bit color with lots of distortion how do I get a better color depth display adpter is an intel 4600 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-color-bit-depth/a40f3cdb-cf31-4459-92f0-92d644026d7a
  8. Windows 10 defaults to 8-bit color depth automatically.

Windows 10 defaults to 8-bit color depth automatically.: I've recently configured my Apple Mac Pro to dual-boot with Windows 10. I'd done this a couple of times before (with a Mac Mini + Win7) and in the past it all went pretty smoothly. The Mac Pro is a much more powerful machine and offers AMD FirePro D300 GPUs (Display...
  9. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro: Windows display settings show the following for my HP probook 450 g4 display [ATTACH] But in adapter settings a 32 bit mode is selected! [ATTACH] How do I fix this? I have already tried re-installing the driver....
  10. Bit Depth (Color Depth) of my display is too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bit Depth (Color Depth) of my display is too low: Hey, When I install Intel UHD Graphics Driver, Windows 10 reports the bit depth to be 6 bits only..Please refer to the below screenshot When I uninstall Intel UHD Graphics Driver, bit depth increases to 8 bits... Why is this so? And even 8 bits is too low......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com