Windows 10: Windows 10 Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered

Discus and support Windows 10 Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am new to this forum so bare with me please. As the title mentions above I am on Windows 10 and whenever i use any kind of video applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by EridianAngel, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered

I am new to this forum so bare with me please. As the title mentions above I am on Windows 10 and whenever i use any kind of video applications (usually YouTube on Google Chrome) i get this message on the bottom right of my screen, "Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered." If i try to play any game at all on my computer after it has shown this message once, the game will run at MAYBE 15fps no matter what game. I have to restart my computer completely just to play a game every time it gives me this message. I should also probably note that my screen doesn't go off or turn black or blue or anything like that, it juyst shows the message ot the bottome of my screen. Now, I have looked very extensively into this and a lot of people say that you can fix this with the TDR delay thing but that doesn't help me at all so please don't suggest it. I have already tried reinstalling my graphics driver as well as windows 10 itself. I feel like I am completely at a loss so if any of you could help me at all I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

EridianAngel, Jun 2, 2016
  2. cherryp Win User

Display driver stopped responding & has recovered

I keep getting this error, I just got my pc so I don't have a clue as to why I should be having any kind of problem with it. I also am having problems with some of my apps opening.

cherryp, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Display driver stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: Display driver stopped working

This is a brand new computer with windows 10. I am getting the following message repeatedly Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver intel hd graphics drivers for windows 8 (r) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Original Title:Windows 10 driver issue

KeithClark11712, Jun 2, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Windows 10 Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered

I am also interested if anyone has actually managed to successfully cure this problem. I tried a while back to cure it, however gave up in the end as nothing seemed to work. It's not just video, pages with images and animated gifs cause it too.

It's most definitely a Windows problem as it's been happening for years now and it occurs on both Windows 8 and Windows 10 machines, and from an 8 year old desktop with a discrete Nvidia graphics card to a 2016 PC with Intel integrated graphics. Other people also experience the same issue happening with AMD graphics cards. I assume it's something to do with browser GPU hardware acceleration, but as Internet Explorer also has this problem, Microsoft must be aware of the problem via the Windows reliability reports they would have been receiving for years now. EG: All the red 'Windows Failures' below are due to "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" LiveKernelEvent code 141.

Windows 10 Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jun 2, 2016
  5. Well in the meantime, does anyone know why my games run like shit after this happens? i hate restarting my pc every time i get the message. Maybe someone knows a better method than rebooting?

EridianAngel, Jun 3, 2016
  6. Well, fortunately, I fixed it. Unfortunately, the one thing I could do to fix it was to completely reset my pc to factory settings then downloading everything all over again.

EridianAngel, Jul 1, 2016
  7. nanakji Win User
    I used to have this issue with all games. The TDR helped at that time. Suddenly, it started to happening ONLY with COD MWF3 game. I created the TDR value again and set it up to 10. The error stoped but now the "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" error begun. I'm stucked in that error now (also ONLY with MWF3 game). I feel sorry that the TDR fix didn't work for you.

Have you tried Display Driver Uninstaller for totally remove the actual drivers? This app removes AMD and Nvidia drivers for you and prevent Windows to auto download them (all in safe mode). After that you just need to install the latest driver and restart. The app was mentioned by someone in Tom´s Hardware forums, but the link leaded to this location: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=273

nanakji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered

1. Windows 10 Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered - Similar Threads - Display driver has

2. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  3. display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...: when I open a game the screen turns black for a few seconds and a error message appears "display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in windows 8.1.I tried with registry but doesn't work,...
  4. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: I bought a new laptop.when i uses the laptop ,i get a msg frequently that " Display driver intel hd graphics drivers for windows(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered".It will be showed for a number of times on the display.After that my laptop suddenly...
  5. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered error: For the past few days I've been getting the "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" error. Screen goes black for a while and when it comes back the error pops up. I fear my graphics card is broken, but I hope not. My laptop has one of those switchable...
  6. Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered: So, it happened yesterday first time to me, never before. I have this desktop for about 8-9 months so i don't think it is outdated or something?*sarc It happened when i was in game ( wow, maximul quality) for a few seconds, the monitor turned black and the led which is blue...
  7. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.: Hi all, I'm having this frequent problem with my desktop computer. Since updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10, every time I use my PC (at random times) the whole screen will just go blank and I'll get a little message popup in the right hand corner saying. Display...
  8. display has stopped responding and recovered

display has stopped responding and recovered: Hello so I got this message today on my Asus ROG G750JM laptop with Windows 8.1 and it is the first time I got this error on the laptop before. My GPU is an Intel 4600 and a Nvidia 860m. I have downloaded the latest driver for my Intel GPU from the Asus website for my...
  9. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - AMD

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - AMD: Had a problem with my mother's Windows 10 tower and I mistakenly attributed all the errors to a bad upgrade from W7 to W10. My mom says she never selected the upgrade - that Microsoft did it on it's own while installing updates. I started a thread on the Updates & Activation...
  10. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Been having this issue for awhile now where I would get the display driver stopped responding and has recovered. It seems to happen when I'm watching a video online like youtube or something (usually happens on longer videos 30+ mins). I've tried doing a fresh install for my...