Windows 10: Windows 10 Display Driver Problems on old Laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 Display Driver Problems on old Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys. So my Aunt asked me to upgrade her Toshiba Sattelite Pro L770 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After I updated it with the ISO from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Okaghana, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Okaghana Win User

Windows 10 Display Driver Problems on old Laptop

Hey guys. So my Aunt asked me to upgrade her Toshiba Sattelite Pro L770 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After I updated it with the ISO from the MediaCreationTool I had the following problem:
    After I booted the screen remained black. After some time I was able to nail it down to a Display Driver problem. The CPU is an i3 2nd Generation with an Intel HD Graphics 3000. I looked on the Intel website, but the driver only works up to Windows 8.1.

I tried multiple times to remove the DD by using DDU in safemode and to install a new driver by either
    - Letting the Device Manager look for the fitting driver
    - Installing the UNIFL-Driver, that I found online and claimed to work although I can't guarantee that I installed it correctly

The current state is this: After booting No matter if restart or a longer period being turned off, the display turns black after the initial loading screen with the spinning dots at the bottom. If I wait some time, I can hear the login-jingle, but the screen remains black so the computer probably starts fine but the screen is not working. I can fix this problem by pressing the power button, after which I can see the screen for a second before the computer proceeds to lock itself. After booting up again but this time from standby everything works fine.

It might also be worth noting, that when I start in safemode, or I remove the display driver, everything works well without a problem and there is no blackscreen. It's only after I install a driver, that I get blackscreens.

If you guys have any idea on what to try, please let me know

~Okaghana

:)

Okaghana, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Incorrect display adapter driver for my Asus K42JK laptop

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when trying to install the right driver? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Display Driver Problems on old Laptop

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Display Driver Problems on old Laptop

1. Windows 10 Display Driver Problems on old Laptop - Similar Threads - Display Driver Problems

2. Old laptop USB3.0 driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old laptop USB3.0 driver problem: My laptop is a Lenovo M490. At present, after using Windows 10 and 11 systems in fact, I have been using Windows 10 and 11 systems since Windows 10 was released, at that time, I found that the USB3.0 interface was inserted into the USB3.0 Devices such as U disks are often...
  3. Old laptop USB3.0 driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old laptop USB3.0 driver problem: My laptop is a Lenovo M490. At present, after using Windows 10 and 11 systems in fact, I have been using Windows 10 and 11 systems since Windows 10 was released, at that time, I found that the USB3.0 interface was inserted into the USB3.0 Devices such as U disks are often...
  4. Display or driver problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display or driver problem.: I don't understand what's happening to my display after installing the drivers! When I installed Windows but didn't install the video drivers yet, everything was fine. Then I installed all the drivers from the ASUS website for my model. But then Windows updated through the...
  5. Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop: Hello,I have a old HP laptop Compaq Presario CQ43-205AU running windows 7. Since, w7 ran out of support so, I decided to install w10.I then searched for drivers on HP website but HP didn't made the drivers for it.Will I get drivers for Windows 10?...
  6. Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop: Hello,I have a old HP laptop Compaq Presario CQ43-205AU running windows 7. Since, w7 ran out of support so, I decided to install w10.I then searched for drivers on HP website but HP didn't made the drivers for it.Will I get drivers for Windows 10?...
  7. Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Problem with display driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with display driver: Hi everyone. I'm am totally new to windows 10, just recently got my new assembled pc. Specifications: AMD athlon 200 GE with inbuilt Raedon Vega 3 graphics 8 GB ram 1 TB hard disk space I was thinking of adding a graphics card later on. The problem is, windows 10 starts...
  9. Old Intel Display drivers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old Intel Display drivers?: Does anyone have any idea why I would receive old Intel display drivers today on the 24/08/20? [img] 163116
  10. Display Driver Problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Driver Problems in Windows 10: I am working on a PC with Windows 10. I use the Adobe Creative Cloud apps on this PC. About 2 weeks ago, I began not being able to print or set preferences in Adobe Acrobat DC. Adobe has tried several things with their software to solve the problem, but says that it is a...