Windows 10: Windows 10 display help! Two monitors, I want one on and one off while duped

Discus and support Windows 10 display help! Two monitors, I want one on and one off while duped in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently reset my computer do to slow Miss and it reset all of my settings and in the process I took away my ability to turn off my display with FN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fireonpoopdick, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 display help! Two monitors, I want one on and one off while duped

I recently reset my computer do to slow Miss and it reset all of my settings and in the process I took away my ability to turn off my display with FN f7 on my Asus rog g751 laptop, I'm now wondering how to get that ability back to turn my laptop screen off but keep my second screen on, and I can't shut the lid, I used to be able to do this and I don't know what settings I may have changed

submitted by /u/Fireonpoopdick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fireonpoopdick, Jul 11, 2020
  2. LarryS2 Win User

Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.

After replacing one of two monitors, the cursor wouldn't move correctly between monitors. One of the other threads on this topic was helpful, but it took me awhile to fully understand the suggested solution. Below is what I did to fix my problem. If you
    have the same issue, I hope this helps.

The problem turned out to be my computer display settings showed the new monitor was to the right of the existing one when it was actually on the left. (The new one has an LED display, so I wanted it to be the primary.)

I could move between monitors by moving to the left on the new monitor screen and to the right on the existing one. Here's what I did below:

Right click on either monitor screen.

In the popup window, select "Display Settings"

In Display Settings scroll down to "Multiple displays" and select "Extend these displays"

At the top of the "Display" window, grab one of the displays with the cursor and move it to change the left to right order, then click "Apply"

Now the monitors are in the same order in the "Display Settings" as they are in front of you. That should allow the cursor to move between the monitors.

I only use two monitors, but I'm sure this same concept works with more than two.

LarryS2, Jul 11, 2020
  3. I would like some help in setting up a double-wide screen (monitor) to work as two screens in one for my laptop. I use Win 10. Thank you!

Hi Emil,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern. To get a clearer picture of it, please answer the following questions:

• Which of the following are you trying to do?
    • Extend a display to an external monitor.
    • Split or see two desktops in one monitor.
    • Duplicate the display from your laptop to an external monitor.
    • What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 display help! Two monitors, I want one on and one off while duped

Having dual monitors display as one

What do you mean two monitors displayed as one? I use two monitors on several different computers at home and work, so I'm sure I can help you accomplish what you want.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 display help! Two monitors, I want one on and one off while duped

1. Windows 10 display help! Two monitors, I want one on and one off while duped - Similar Threads - display help monitors

2. Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?: Have just built up a new machine and am having trouble with my monitors. One works fine, but the other just displays a black screen.The monitors and graphics cards have been carried over from my last PC which had no issues, and dual screen works fine when I connect up my work...
  3. Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors, both detected but only one displays. Why?: Have just built up a new machine and am having trouble with my monitors. One works fine, but the other just displays a black screen.The monitors and graphics cards have been carried over from my last PC which had no issues, and dual screen works fine when I connect up my work...
  4. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  5. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects one: Current Setup:Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Windows 11 HomeA-Port Active C200 Multi HubDell U2515H x 2Multi hub is plugged into the laptop USB-C port.Both monitors are connected to the multi hub using HDMI-to-HDMI cables.In the display setting, only two displays are detected.Two...
  6. dupes of one drive files HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dupes of one drive files HELP: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I'm using version 18.111.0603.0004 of OneDrive. I'm using Office 365, but I stay signed off. OneDrive, while syncing, will encounter merge conflicts, and without asking me, OneDrive will then copy an older version of the file from the cloud to the PC...
  7. Two administrators, only want one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two administrators, only want one: I deleted the Windows.old folder and ever since when I log in my login page has an added administrator account along with my normal login/administrator. Can I just delete the new administrator and move on, or is this a deeper problem? Thanks 142361
  8. Two monitors but only one display works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two monitors but only one display works: I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays. I have them set up in the right sequence. When I click on the 2nd monitor, everything appears on the 1st monitor. I...
  9. Running one monitor two machines

Running one monitor two machines: I am wonder ng what one can use if ever someone wanted to use two machines with one monitor is there a switch type hub that can take the input from either machine one or machine two and display the output on one monitor keeping in mind there is only one keyboard and one...
  10. One one of two displays works -- hardware issue

One one of two displays works -- hardware issue: Got fedup with the daily CHKDSKs on my Win10TP install so I "cleaned" the drive and reinstalled using build 9879. First thing I noticed is that, unlike previously, only one of my two displays worked! I check the Device Manager and the default Microsoft Basic Display driver...