Windows 10: Windows 10 display issues when using Verizon modem

Discus and support Windows 10 display issues when using Verizon modem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This seems like the best place to post this issue, but I'm not sure. If it needs to be somewhere else, please let me know. I'm trying to setup my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skols75, Nov 26, 2015.

1. skols75 Win User

Windows 10 display issues when using Verizon modem

This seems like the best place to post this issue, but I'm not sure. If it needs to be somewhere else, please let me know. I'm trying to setup my parent's new computer. It's an ASUS Desktop PC M32CD_A_F_K20CD_K31 CD Series with an Intel i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70 GHz processor, 8 GB of RAM, and Windows 10 Home. They have a Verizon UML295 USB modem for internet because they can't get high speed where they live (in the country and really the middle of nowhere). The issue is when I plug in the UML295 to a USB port and the connection light turns green. As soon as it turns green, windows explorer crashes. I least think that's what is happening. The screen flickers and then everything is gone. It comes back and all you see is a blank desktop. The files, folders, and shortcuts that are on the desktop area all gone and I can't start File Explorer. File Explorer will show in the taskbar, and if I move the mouse over it, it shows something, but it never maximizes. I can restart the computer and then it looks better, but if I shut down and turn it back on, it's still crashed with everything screwed up. It only works with a restart. Luckily my nephew has a Verizon JetPack wifi hotspot so I can connect, but even then, the Verizon community page didn't work right using Edge. It didn't completely crash, but the screen flashed several times when I was signing in and it looked like the Edge had moved down to almost the bottom of the screen. I was able to close it by hitting the Windows button on the keyboard and right-clicking on Edge to close it. I'm using Chrome and it has no issues. The reason I was using Edge was because my mom always used IE, no matter what I told her, so I want to make sure that works. I haven't tried many other pages with Edge, but what I have tried has worked okay. Windows 10 is up to date as I updated and set up at my house where I have high speed because I thought that would be easier.
    Does anybody have any idea as to what could cause this and/or how to fix it? I'm at a loss and any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need any other information. I tried explaining as best I can what's going on, but it's kind of hard to describe as I've never encountered something like this before. I've contacted Verizon but they haven't been much help, at least not yet. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

skols75, Nov 26, 2015

2. usb modem

I have a hp computer, its not that old, a few years. It came with windows 8.1 installed. I updated to windows 10 and my verizon usb modem would disconnect itself for no reason. When I tried to reconnect it it would come up with a error code of mbn08007139f.
    I had to pull the power plug of the computer and then power it up before I could restart the verizon usb modem again. In a little bit it would disconnect again. I worked with microsoft tech. support for almost a day and cost me $200.00 with the only result
    was I ended up with no usb modem at all. I then called verizon and learned windows 10 didn't support my usb modem, which was about 2 years old anymore. So I had to get a new usb modem. If you upgrade to windows 10 and have usb problems as I did, It boils down
    to two words, YOU'RE SCREWED.

gayleroberts 862, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Usb disconnecting error code of mbn0x8007139f

yes i found out what the problem is. windows 10 doesn't support the usb modem i had. it was only a few years old but microsoft apparently decided not to include support for it in windows 10. I had to upgrade my usb to a new one. It was a verizon usb, not
    a cheap one either. verizon tried to help by sending me a new , updated disk but when I tried it , windows 10 wouldn't boot it up.

gayleroberts 862, Nov 26, 2015
  4. skols75 Win User

I figured out what's happening but not how to fix it. Windows Explorer isn't crashing. What's happening is it's creating an extended desktop that's digital and virtual or just virtual. If it's just virtual, the monitor goes to sleep and I can't do anything except hold the power button to power it down. If it's both, that's when it shows a desktop with no icons. I figured that out by starting something and part of it showing up. If it's both, then I can make it digital only, which is the monitor. I was able to use then without issues until I closed Edge, then it flashed and switched to extended desktop again. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this to happen? I tried searching online with no luck, but I'm not sure what to search for exactly.
    Thanks again!

skols75, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 display issues when using Verizon modem - Similar Threads - display issues using

2. Signing in to my Verizon account using my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Signing in to my Verizon account using my Windows 10: When I sign into my Verizon account to connect to internet using wifi or my Jetpack as a hot spot I see below.After LAPTOP there is single digit number, then 7 alphabetic letters, a space and 4 numbers, a space and 1 number. Where do those numbers come from and can I change...
  3. Windows 10 updates and subsequent router/modem issues

Windows 10 updates and subsequent router/modem issues: I have Windows 10 Professional 64bit, and every time there is a Windows automatic update, my router/modem stops functioning. I try a "reset" following the instructions from Verizon FiOS who supplies the router/modem branded as Verizon Model G1 100, and then I try another of...
  4. Display issues when using remote desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display issues when using remote desktop on Windows 10: Like most people at the moment, I'm working from home and remoting into my computer at work. On a morning, everything is fine. However after lunch when I log back in my screen looks like this: [ATTACH] Usually closing the remote session and connecting again works just...
  5. Issues when using Taskbar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues when using Taskbar on Windows 10: Essentially, whenever I log into my account and scroll over the taskbar, the loading icon replaces my cursor until I scroll back off of the taskbar. After ~2 minutes of this, the loading icon goes away, but no part of the taskbar is functional; the cursor acts as if the...
  6. Verizon messages on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Verizon messages on Windows 10: Verizon messages does not work on Windows 10. Verizon has no plan at this time to fix this issue. Is there a compatible message program that I can use that will communicate with my Verizon friends who are still using Windows that allows Verizon messages? I had posted this a...
  7. verizon jetpack

verizon jetpack: Is there a way to connect a dvr/nvr to my network, My home internet is a verizon jet pack. My nvr does have a ethernet outlet can it be connect to my PC with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verizon-jetpack/a42e80f6-df88-490d-bd5e-b6d51cd02e6c
  8. Using Verizon Messages on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Verizon Messages on Windows 10: Using Windows 10, I can send messages on Verizon Messages but can not receive messages. This just started 8/20/19. Anyone know a fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-verizon-messages-on-windows-10/bce0981e-175d-4797-b791-766dc804d984
  9. Issues with Dial up connection using Vodafone USB modem, Windows 10

Issues with Dial up connection using Vodafone USB modem, Windows 10: when i am connecting a USB modem of Vodafone 3.5 g connections in windows 10. it is connecting a dial up connections. but not showing an internet connected and also not excessing my internet edge and also not connecting to Microsoft store and Xbox live. so what shall i do....
  10. Modem use

Modem use: Hi All, I am new to using Win10, and I would like to find out if Windows 10 will utilize an internal modem? I have an Asus laptop, it does NOT have an internal modem, nor could I find a place for it when it was running Win8.1. I would like to know this before I upgrade my...