Windows 10: Windows 10 display issues

Discus and support Windows 10 display issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am having the following problem on a Windows 10 Surface Book 2 using the Surface Dock 2 with all the latest drivers and Windows updates. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by elcid420, Jan 25, 2021.

1. elcid420 Win User

Windows 10 display issues

I am having the following problem on a Windows 10 Surface Book 2 using the Surface Dock 2 with all the latest drivers and Windows updates.

When working from home I have two LG 4k monitors connected and the lid to the Surface Book 2 closed. One monitor is connected via HDMI and the other via Display Port. I have the settings configured to do nothing when the screen is closed.

Recently I have noted after a reboot the Surface Book screen is enabled 3 screens show up in Display Settings and I can drag things onto the closed display. If I open and close the screen Display Settings go back to the 2 external screens and the Surface Book screen is disabled again. This does not occur if the computer goes to sleep, only on reboot.

I have looked through power profiles and other settings and can't seem to find anything that would be causing this behavior. Anyone have any ideas?

:)

elcid420, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Login Screen not respecting primary display. Identity Issues?

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +X.

• Select Control panel.

• Click on Display.

• Select Change display settings at top left corner.

• Click on Identify then you will be able to check the primary display.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

display issue with windows 10

Hello Diana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered an issue with the display driver or a system file corruption. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from the update, have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to these issues?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you made any troubleshooting steps so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps below to see if there will be any changes on your Windows 10:

Step 1: Perform a
    clean boot
    to eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update.
    Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing
    the issue.

Step 2: Kindly use the
    System File Checker utility
    as well to check for system file corruptions.

Step 3:
    Update the display driver on your Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 display issues - Similar Threads - display issues

2. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  3. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  4. Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue: I have purchased my laptop from Dubai and it has a default display langauge as Arabic. Also when I try to install English India it is not allowing me to keep it as Windows Display Language. Can you please help me to change the Langauge. I have followed all the steps to change...
  5. Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue

Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue: I have purchased my laptop from Dubai and it has a default display langauge as Arabic. Also when I try to install English India it is not allowing me to keep it as Windows Display Language. Can you please help me to change the Langauge. I have followed all the steps to change...
  6. Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11: Hello,I've encountered a persistent problem with the display language in Windows 11 that I hope to get some assistance with.Problem Description:After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I have been unable to change the system language from Spanish to English. The...
  7. Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11

Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11: Hello,I've encountered a persistent problem with the display language in Windows 11 that I hope to get some assistance with.Problem Description:After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I have been unable to change the system language from Spanish to English. The...
  8. Issues with Site Display on MSN: Seeking Assistance and Solutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Site Display on MSN: Seeking Assistance and Solutions: Hello MSN Community,I've been experiencing some challenges with how my website removed link appears on MSN, and I'm seeking your help and expertise to resolve the issue. Despite ensuring that my website is optimized and functional, it seems that there are display...
  9. Issues with Site Display on MSN: Seeking Assistance and Solutions

Issues with Site Display on MSN: Seeking Assistance and Solutions: Hello MSN Community,I've been experiencing some challenges with how my website removed link appears on MSN, and I'm seeking your help and expertise to resolve the issue. Despite ensuring that my website is optimized and functional, it seems that there are display...
  10. Odd Displaying Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd Displaying Issues: I have a MSI GS66 Stealth 11uh, everything works fine, screen works fine and everything. But every time I plug in an HDMI and hook up a secondary monitor into it for some weird reason it will only display on the 2nd monitor. I then will go to settings, and it says its set to,...